- Start Date Aug 2022 USD Month
- Grade Level High
- Apply Before June 30, 2022
- Address Guangzhou, China
NCPA seeks a knowledgeable and passionate administrator for a full-time assignment as Director of Teaching & Learning. The Director of Teaching & Learning will ensure teaching, learning and curriculum development are of the highest standard, provide and support appropriate professional development plans for high quality teaching and curriculum development and investigate new, research-based approaches to effective learning and ensure the NCPA school community is actively engaged with these approaches. As a member of the Senior Leadership team, the Director of Teaching & Learning will support logistics, supervision and evaluation, and communication for management of the school to improve student learning.
• Proven track record in an administrative position in a comparable school environment; Experience as a building principal is desirable.
• A passion for improving student learning and a results-orientation.
• Keen organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with administrative team and teachers.
• An advanced degree in curriculum & assessment, leadership or relevant field; doctorate preferred.
• Sets yearly goals for school-wide curriculum and assessment development—and individual course goals where needed—and facilitates their achievement and documentation in Atlas Rubicon
• Plans and facilitates professional learning, including
o Organizing and facilitating learning teams (semester-long PLCs), late-start PD and PD Days, professional learning for Teaching Assistant/Instructional Assistants, and as-needed professional learning
o Managing PD requests and reimbursements for school provided personal PD funding
o Contracting with external consultants
o Overseeing application for and selection of recipients for specialized school-provided PD funding (IETC grant, continuing education grant, etc.)
• Partners with the Director of EAL in implementing the school’s EAL Program through schedule building for the EAL specialists, and teaching and instructional assistants; supporting co-planning and teaching; and facilitating targeted professional learning.
• Facilitates the professional growth of and communication with the school’s mid-level leaders (heads of department and department chairs). This includes:
o Hosting monthly department leadership meetings
o Collaboratively examining and supporting needed development of the department’s curriculum, assessment and instruction
o Guiding department leaders through budget management and ordering
o Coaching support
• Acts as AP and Pre-AP Coordinator
o Serves as the main contact for NCPA with the CollegeBoard
o Facilitates AP Registration and related communication with students, parents, and teachers, with support from the teaching and learning administrative assistant
• Supervises the Reading Specialist, Assessment Coordinator, and Librarian.
• Supervises the teaching and instructional assistants.
• Supervises the teachers of one academic department.
• Manages the Teaching and Learning budget.
Please note NCPA has no education program for non-Chinese dependents. Additionally, due to visa restrictions, NCPA typically cannot employ teachers who will be 60 years old or older on the first day of the initial contract with the school.