Position Title: Admissions Counselor – 60%
Supervisor: Director of Admission
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR supports the role of Director of Admissions by welcoming families who are seeking a school for their children, answering their questions about Concordia, and introducing them to the school’s facilities. Availability during summer/Christmas holidays a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in education
▪ Minimum 2 years-experience working with an international team
▪ Teaching background
▪ Previous Admissions Office experience
▪ Excellent spoken and written English
▪ Familiarity with U.S. educational system
▪ Excellent spoken and written Mandari n
§ Demonstrates moral integrity, honesty, kindness, faithfulness and is guided by ethical principles and character.
§ Models servant leadership characteristics.
§ Model Concordia’s mission
§ Is a collegial and contributing member of the school-wide community.
Mission Centered-Vision Focused
§ Takes personal ownership in fulfilling the mission.
§ Can “see” the future and articulate, plan, and execute next steps.
§ Demonstrates a positive, optimistic, can-do attitude.
§ Passionate about the long-term success and viability of the Concordia community as a means to influence students, faculty and families to excellence.
§ Respectful of all, builds people up, is equitable in relationships.
§ Is transparent, flexible, and adaptable.
§ Demonstrates commitment to school improvement.
§ Works collaboratively with all in the school and community.
§ Customer oriented with ability to find common ground for connections.
§ Ability to solve problems or offer potential solutions.
§ Advocates and nurtures a positive school culture conducive to family connection, and student learning where possible.
§ Manages resources to provide a productive environment for achieving team and all-school goals.
§ Demonstrates the ability to see the big picture and to break large tasks into small, achievable components.
§ Ability to adhere to deadlines.
Job Specific Expectations
- Comfortable interacting with people from other cultures
· Provide customers and prospective customers year-round, best-in-class service
· Coordinate the admissions coffees.
· Update all materials and brochures used for campus tours and presentations as well as FAQs
· Provide the material and assist to develop presentations for admissions school fairs in Shanghai.
· Host an admissions information table at major school events such as the Global Leadership Summit and Christmas bazaar.
· Customer oriented
o Characteristics to include: outgoing, flexible, patient, and good listener
o Serve as customers’ first point of contact with Concordia
o Conduct campus visits that are executed thoroughly and professionally
o Ability to customize each tour per family interests/needs
o Manage and coordinate high school tour guides so they can co-lead tours for high school families
o Arrange and schedule and ensure shadow days are executed well for prospective students\Responsible for follow up for all prospective touring families with pertinent information
o Creates and maintains working relationships with staff and administration and parents to ensure up to date information about the school
o Liaison with PSO to connect new families with current families
o Coordinating with each division to ensure classrooms are set up as show rooms for summer tours
· Support a small team for high performance
o Consistently provide quick, knowledgeable and enthusiastic customer service
o Actively gather and distribute information about school events, activities and changes in processes for purposes of increasing team’s knowledge base and visitor “talking points”
· Assist with the administration duties of application processes including, but not limited to, paperwork and follow up contact with application families.
o Detail oriented
· Other duties as assigned