Director of Admissions and Marketing
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Marketing, the Admissions Manager is
responsible for the effective organisation and management of the admissions department
and all related functions. The Admissions Manager will coordinate admissions of pupils at
all points of entry for the College, with the objective of maximising enrolment of pupils
with high academic, artistic, sporting, musical and creative achievement, and who will
embody the Huili values and identity.
A priority for this position will be to work closely with the Director of Admissions to
develop and implement effective admissions policies, process and procedures, ensuring
the efficient operation of admissions functions from initial contact through to enrolment
and beyond. The Admissions Manager, working with an Admissions Officer, will meet
prospective families, conduct highly professional school tours, articulate the Huili Values
and Identity and ensure that all admissions enquiries are dealt with in a timely,
professional and effective manner. This person will ensure the accuracy of all student
records and documents, as well as reporting on admissions and enrolment status on a
The professional image and conduct of this person is crucial in emulating the ethos of the
setting. The Admissions Manager must operate in a timely, determined and effective
manner at all times. Autonomous, dedicated, determined and professional behavior will
be key features of the post-holder’s practice and these will be consistently demonstrated
at all times. The post holder must be able to communicate effectively with all
stakeholders involved in the functions of Huili Nantong.
• Management of all aspects of the admissions process.
• Develop and implement effective admissions policies, processes and procedures in
compliance with government regulations and in line with the school’s vision.
• Be the first point of contact for all enquiries regarding admission.
• Conduct school tours for prospective parents.
• Coordinate, organise, schedule, manage, and communicate the logistics of weekly
visits, interviews, assessment and tours for each section of the school.
• Track and respond to enquiries, extensive and on-going phone, email, and in-person
• Advise parents on criteria for scholarships and bursaries.
• Prepare new pupil offer letters and parent contracts.
• Maintain contact and relationships with parents and internal stakeholders throughout
the enrolment process until the first day of school, providing ongoing support and
• Ensure the admission/enrolment process – parental contracts, tuition fee, uniform,
bus, lunch– is handled efficiently and to devise new procedures as necessary.
• Manage the re-enrollment process, facilitate retention conversations with current
families and manage leavers.
• Produce breakdown of numbers of current enquiries, enrolled pupils and projected
pupils by year group for internal stakeholders, and historical recruitment data to enable
accurate projections to be made.
• Actively represent the school in the local community with a view to increasing
enrolment of high-quality pupils.
• Assist with the organisation and attend parent information sessions and other
• Maintain the student database system and ensure all data and files are complete and
up to date.
• Work with the relevant internal parties to maintain the admissions page of the school
website, and other admissions related technology (WeChat, Open Apply etc.)
• Train, manage and evaluate all admissions staff.
• Manage all other admissions and enrolment functions as required and where
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• Native Chinese speaker, proficient in oral and written English
• A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience within the education industry
• Management experience preferably (in Nantong preferably)
• Experience working in a similar position in an educational admissions or student
recruitment position within Nantong or surrounding regions preferable.
• Personal qualities such as drive, enthusiasm, energy, capacity for hard work,
• The ability to manage an array of responsibilities effectively without compromising
on details and qualities
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage and present large volumes of
• Rigorous approach to problem-solving
• The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a
diverse range of people and in cross-cultural environments
• Outstanding ability to interact in a positive and friendly way with all prospective
families. Customer service orientation is essential.
• Technical proficiency and ability to prepare reports in Excel, PowerPoint and
• Able to work long hours and occasional weekends for events
• Able to take initiative and complete projects with little supervision.
• Demonstrating practice that represents the five core Huili Values at all times
(courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility)
• Strong passion for the education industry
• Technical literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Personal integrity, accountability and credibility.
• Strong mind-set for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations.
• Cross-cultural work experience is preferred
To apply for this position, please complete the online application form (in English). You
will also be asked to attach your CV and cover letter, so we recommend having those
ready in Word of pdf format. Please note that any application with missing materials will
not be considered.
Huili School Nantong is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to enhanced pre-employment
clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks, qualifications checks and
employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment.