- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Address Remote
This is an online, part-time, positon. The position would primarily require them to upload materials on a weekly basis, grade, and provide feedback. Responsible for providing overall leadership in their classroom. This leadership involves planning, executing, and evaluating all programs necessary to fulfill the school’s learning expectations for the students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the following in regard to curriculum and instruction.
- Develops weekly lesson plans with a view toward accomplishing student learner outcomes, course objectives, and standards and benchmarks as stated in curricular documents.
- Maintains proper classroom discipline, taking care of minor problems personally and referring major problems to the principal.
- Develops a positive, nurturing class environment.
- Implements instructional technology, audio-visual materials, class projects and other methods that enhance learning.
- Adapts strategies for working with second language learners (especially SIOP strategies).
- Uses differentiation to work toward meeting the needs of the students in the class including students with learning differences.
- Assigns homework that supports learning and that is within the expectations and goals of the school.
- Attends and participates in teacher’s meetings, some evening programs if involving his or her students, annual teacher’s conference, and other meetings as assigned in the teacher’s handbook.
- Holds help classes after school as needed.
- Completes paperwork including the following:
- Beginning, mid-year, and end of the year goal forms.
- Mid-quarter grade reports 4 times per year (Elementary through HS).
- Report cards 4 times per year.
- Inventories of classroom equipment/ supplies/books.
- End-of-year debriefing evaluation form.
- Administration of achievement tests as assigned or required.
- Accreditation paperwork.
- Other paperwork as assigned or requested.
- Cleans or repairs building or classroom:
- Tends to the overall appearance of the classroom.
- Assists in overall cleanliness and maintenance of facilities.
- Promptly reports repair needs to the administration.
- Completes end of the year cleaning of the classroom area.
- Plans parties at designated holidays (elementary).
- Is available to parents or students who wish to have a conference during or after school.
- Is prepared for twice-yearly conferences with parents of each student
- ECC – Required fall home visits, optional spring conferences
- Elementary – Required fall conferences, optional spring conferences
- Middle School – Required fall student led conferences, optional spring student led conferences
- High School – Conferences as desired by teacher or parent
- Students on Action Plans – Teachers who work with that child must attend the annual conference
- Supervises extracurricular activities, organizations, outings as assigned in the teacher’s handbook. This includes fall camp and spring trip for secondary.
- Oversees or participates in chapels or assemblies as referred to in teacher’s handbook or as mentioned in a teacher’s specific job requirements.
- Takes part in the yearly professional development program as assigned in the annual professional development plan. This includes prescribed activities for teachers in their first and second years of teaching at TIS, along with school-wide emphases and work on individual goals.
- Serves on committees, such as those for accreditation or curriculum review, as requested or assigned.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the supervisor.
Qualifications and requirements
- Has a Bachelor Degree in education.
- Has a valid Teaching Certificate.
- Has at least two years teaching experience
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively with foreign and national students with sensitivity to unique and multicultural perspectives and thoughts.
- Demonstrates ability to plan, organize, execute, and evaluate in the classroom setting.
- Has a good command of both English and Chinese for Chinese national staff