- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 2022
- Salary Offer US 4200 - 5600/month USD US 4200 - 5600/month Month
- Grade Level Primary
- Discipline Art, Law, Political Science, Education
- Apply Before Apr 30, 2022
- Address Suzhou, China
Working at SSIS
We are looking for teachers with a passion for excellence.
Recruiting the right teachers is the single most significant thing that we do to create an excellent school. We are looking for candidates whose values align with the IB mission and our school’s mission to provide an excellent international education. Ideal candidates must possess working habits that enable them to function in a fast-paced and collaborative workplace. We expect every student to achieve their highest potential – this means improving every aspect of their lives and not just the core subjects. We are looking for teachers who can bring our students to their highest standard of learning.
China is a wonderful and exciting place to live, but it is not for everyone. Potential candidates will need to possess an adaptability for life in China and the ability to understand that others with their differences may also be right.
We believe teachers who inspire students best have a lifelong interest in education themselves and are the ones that love their own subject matter of choice.
All teachers must hold a current government teaching qualification from their home country of record.
We are looking for teachers that already have some experience in teaching internationally, with the IB programme or a combination of both.
Unfortunately, Chinese law requires us to cap the age limit of our teaching staff at 60.
As an IB world school, offering the PYP, MYP and DP we expect our teachers to display the characteristics of the IB programme:
- Knowledgeable in their field of expertise
- Thinkers that challenge themselves and their colleagues to keep getting better
- Open-minded to explore different approaches to teaching and learning
- Reflective in evaluating their impact in the classroom
- Inquirers who take action to improve their effectiveness
- Risk-takers that are willing to explore how technology can enhance learning
- Communicators that give effective feedback to students and parents
- Balanced in working both individually and collaboratively
- Principled in putting students first in their decision-making
- Caring about student wellbeing and creating a strong sense of community in our school
Full time position. The school is PYP, MYP and DP authorized. IB experience is welcome, however, the priority is for educators who work towards inclusion and differentiation of instruction.