- Grade Level Preschool
- Address Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
The candidate works closely with the Head and SLT on a regular basis and assist with the school’s pedagogical requirements. The candidate will have a love for teaching and learning in the Early Years and a deep understanding of child-development and the benefits of play-based learning; knowledge of play and inquiry-based programmes including IB, Reggio Emilia and EYFS is preferred.This leadership role is proposed as a non-homeroom teaching based position, with a 50% teaching responsibility to be determined in line with student and timetabling needs.
In fulfilling requirements of the post, you will demonstrate essential professional characteristics and in particular will:
1. Hold a university degree and a teaching qualification (i.e. Bachelor or Masters of Education, PGDE, PGCE).
2. Have at least five years of relevant teaching experience or 3 years teaching management experience.
3. Have worked in International Schools.
4. Positive, caring, collaborative team-player with a passion for education.
5. Good skills in communication, organization and coordination, good compatibility and occupation manner.
Some key roles and responsibilities of the post will include:
1. To act as a Pre School expert on Early Childhood curriculum implementation, development and review.
2. To maintain and review comprehensive documentation of Pre School planning and to offer feedback to teachers about enrichment of planning as appropriate.
3. To facilitate high standards of planning by attending year group planning meetings across the Pre School on a regular basis and ensuring the optimal integration of programme expectations through a balanced play based approach.
4. To be responsible for remaining up to date with latest best practice and research in Early Childhood pedagogy, by reading and attending courses, training and presentations where applicable.
5. To support teachers’ abilities to deliver innovative, play based and inquiry based learning – through appraisal, observation, team teaching, delivery of staff training, coaching and mentoring and any other strategy to support excellence in Pre School teaching and learning.
6. To research Professional Development opportunities for staff related to best Early Childhood Education and share with the Head of School and with teachers for their access as appropriate.
7. To work with the SLT and teachers to create monitoring and assessment systems that support and provide feedback on children’s progress in relation to Pre School learning and curriculum.
8. To facilitate meetings with Pre School Heads of Year and Specialists to ensure cohesion and communication within the Pre School team.
9. To assist with the development of Pre School curriculum policies, procedures and documents including input into the Staff and Parent Handbooks as required.
10. To develop parent communication and understanding by delivering regular information sessions and workshops to parents related to Pre School teaching and learning.
11. To support student learning through time spent in class, building relationships with the students and teachers, and supporting Pre School curricular development through a hands-on approach.
Bromsgrove School Mission Hills Description
Mission: To empower students to pursue excellence in its many forms and acquire the skills necessary to become critical thinking, self-actualised problems solvers and compassionate global citizens.
At Bromsgrove School Mission Hills, we are committed to building a pre-eminent school. Our programme is unique, with a blend of best practice from both East and West, focusing on the wide benefits of bilingualism and remaining , always, focused on success for the child and open-minded to innovative approaches to achieving this success. Our partnership with Bromsgrove School, UK, brings the depth and breadth of expertise and knowledge a historically successful school affords, elevated with the passion and pioneering spirit of a newly established school. Accepting both Nationals and International passport holders, we teach international mindedness with a focus on learning about the culture of our host nation to grow understanding about other cultures in our community and around the world. The Pre School campus is self-contained and includes varied outdoor learning spaces, large classrooms with mezzanines and lots of natural light, specialist rooms and multipurpose spaces.
The school is nestled on the edge of the lush oasis of the Mission Hills resort, the largest Golf Resort in the world, with green spaces available for students and staff in which to learn and play, amenities and entertainment options a few minutes walk away, an Eco Park and mountain trails nearby, beaches less than an hour away and Hong Kong Island just 2 hours from our door.
Along with your highly competitive salary, and the opportunity to live within the vibrant and verdant city of Shenzhen, you will enjoy the following benefits:
• Annual flight allowance
• Relocation allowance
• International in-patient healthcare
• Subsidy towards housing in the beautiful Mission Hills resort
• 80% subsidy on school tuition fees for up to two children
Please send your application to JasmineYao@bmh.education and include:
1. A full CV with photo: including email addresses and phone numbers of at least 3 referees- one of whom should be your current Head/ Director/ Supervisor;
2. A letter explaining what you would bring to the position if successfully
3. One page statement of educational philosophy.
Note: feel free to add HR person Jasmine Yao on FaceTime ( +86 13682456157) , WeChat (via +86 13682456157 or jasmine57s), or Skype (yaoxianli57).
HR sets up an interview with Head of School directly.
Website and School Address:
1. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills: http://www.bromsgrove-mh.com/en-us/
2. Mission Hills Group: http: //missionhillschina.com
3. BMH is located in No.8 Mission Hills Rd, Longhua, Shenzhen, China.
The closing date for applications is April 30, 2022.