Assistant HR Manager
The Assistant HR Manager is responsible for supporting the HR Manager in HR functions at school, including recruitment, compensation & benefit, performance management, learning and talent development, employee relationship, etc.
A key priority for this position is to work closely with and support the HR Manager in establishing and implementing a systemic HR practice and service, so as to attract, develop and retain key talent and making sure the smooth operation of HR functions.
The Assistant HR Manager must be able to effectively communicate with HR Manager and team members and staff in the school.
• Oversee staff benefits or promote benefits programs to employees to ensure employees are fully aware of their entitlements and use them.
• Oversee staff appraisal process and ensure completion of the appraisal document.
• Keep up to date with employment legislation and best practice.
• Assist in maintaining positive employee relations, address employee concerns and grievances.
• Support HR Manager in developing and implementing the school’s recruitment strategy to attract high calibre employees.
• Support in developing effective recruitment channels for both expatriate and local staff.
• Support school on oversee recruitment drives and provide recruiting suggestion from HR perspectives
• Tracking and managing recruitment process to inform and highlight recruitment progress and challenges.
• Oversee the onboarding and induction process of new employees, to ensure the visa and onboarding process run smoothly.
• Provide recruitment in HR area to highlight the opportunities and challenges
• Data analysis of recruitment tracker for purpose of regular hiring summary and report.
• Administering recruitment procedure in accordance with safer recruitment policy and documentation getting.
• Staff parties and events coordination and arrangement.
• Develop and inspire the HR team to achieve their potential.
• Support group HR projects and initiatives as required.
• Support HR Manager in developing training plans and arranging regular trainings to non-academic and academic team.
• Other duties as the HR Manger may reasonably from time to time communicate either orally or in writing.
• To display the Wellington Values at all times, either in school or in the wider community..
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• Native Chinese speaker, proficient in oral and written English
• Above 5 years of relevant work experience with managerial experience, in foreign companies, experience in international schools preferred
• The ability to manage an array of responsibilities effectively without compromising on details and qualities
• Rigorous approach to problem-solving and innovative in seeking solutions
• The ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and in cross-cultural environment
• Strong passion for the education industry
• Strong teamwork spirit and development talents
• Personal Integrity, accountability and credibility
• Strong mindset for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations