- Address 8 Kehua Road, Shenzhen, China
Position: Associate Division Head, Kindergarten Program (Grades T-K, ages 2-5)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: July 2023
WHY LEAD AT AVENUES?
Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
In 2018, we launched our Shenzhen campus, bringing our popular early childhood program from New York to China’s southern hub of innovation. Today, we are thrilled to have expanded our campus to serve students from two to 18 years of age.
Avenues seeks a daring, future-wise educator, whose personal mission aligns with ours, to join us as an Associate Division Head for our kindergarten program on our Shenzhen campus. The ADH will join a talented leadership team who ensure that the Avenues secondary division is an extraordinarily engaging place to work, a laboratory of deeper learning for all, and a thriving community. The Associate Division Head, as part of a dynamic leadership team, ensures that Avenues is an extraordinarily engaging place to work, a laboratory of deeper learning for all, and a thriving community.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As Associate Division Head, you will:
- Drive deep student learning and holistic development, by guiding teachers to develop play-based, experiential curriculum, engage all students, and address individual student needs
- Build a thriving culture of commitment to excellence, collaboration, and constant learning among colleagues, students and families
- Be an inspiring role model to students and faculty, nurturing positive relationships and providing support and care for all students
- Lead a team of talented faculty to accomplish great things with their students, and coach teachers to continually improve by giving regular, useful feedback
- Be an exemplary lead learner, always reflecting, growing and seeking to improve
- Enthusiastically take on the innumerable responsibilities and challenges that come with creating a top-tier school from the ground up
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You bring all or most of the following:
- Superb ability as a teacher, and a deep understanding of constructivist early childhood education
- Leadership experience, with a proven track record of success leading teams of educators
- Skill at coaching teachers to continually grow in teaching practice and accomplish ambitious goals
- Appreciation for the unique value and challenge of language immersion education
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking pre-determined paths to success
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, trust, persuasion and influence
- Keen intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the success of teachers and students
- Skillful at working across lines of difference in a multi-cultural school
- Professional fluency in English;
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple global campuses, including a well-defined career pathway
- The thrill of a start-up, where everyone helps to build and improve, within an organization with global reach, ample resources and proven results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.