- Address 8 Kehua Road, Shenzhen, China
Position: Associate Teacher, Primary Division
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Start Date: January 2023
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn’t a buzzword: it’s woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we’re always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second language and at ease beyond their borders. To this end, in grades N-1 students will be in a full English immersion programme and from grades 2-5, Portuguese will take on a prominent place in the classroom.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support lead teachers to develop and teach curriculum across multiple subjects that engages all learners in meaningful, challenging work that cultivates 21st-century skills
- Help ensure that all students achieve key learning outcomes for the grade level, targeting instruction thoughtfully to address individual needs
- Build a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous but joyful learning community
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
WHAT YOU BRING
- Student teaching, teacher training or equivalent experience with children ages 3-8
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple global campuses
- The thrill of a start-up, where everyone helps to build and improve, within an organization with global reach, ample resources and proven results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Please read first about Avenues: The World School and our distinctive approach, and consider whether our mission and approach would be a good fit for you: www.avenues.org/sp.
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/). Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why this role at Avenues São Paulo would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is neither a local school, nor an international school – we are a world school. We value and are respectful of the diversity of languages, race, gender and culture which is reflected amongst our staff. Our hiring reflects action for equal opportunity for all while appreciating that local context influences our focus for greater representation of racial diversity on our campus. We aim to interconnect different views and voices as we develop students to be world wise leaders.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.