- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Negotiable USD Month
- Grade Level High
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Apply Before Ongoing
- Address 1 Kangli Dadao, Wujiang, Suzhou, China
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/License
- British Columbia Professional Certified Teacher
- Familiar with British Columbia Curriculum
- Minimum of two years teaching experience. (or Masters)
- Passionate about teaching
- preferably based in China
If you do not have a British Columbia Teaching certificate, please go to the following website and check your eligibility using the tool provided there. (Copy and paste)
Our teachers also enjoy the generous benefits that Sino Canada brings in terms of work/life balance, and our compensation/benefits package. The list below highlights the differences between our contract, and other BC Offshore School contracts:
- A Calendar with generous holidays (Christmas, Chinese New Year, Summer, and other shorter holidays in October and May = 15 weeks in total).
- Travel Allowance – 10000 rmb/year for travel anywhere.
- Paid International Medical coverage.
- Living allowance
- Free meals at school – 600 rmb/mo.
- Technology budget available – 3000 rmb.
- Professional development budget available to each teacher — 1000 rmb/year.
- Free weekly bus to and from all major cities near the school (Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou,Wuxi, Changzhou).
- Great facilities on site: Swimming pool, horseback riding free school workout facilities. Free Tuition for teacher’s children – 1st Child 100% 2nd child 50%
- Rents are typically around 2000 to 2500 RMB per month and the school is near a smaller community with all necessary amenities that include Starbucks, Tesco and many great restaurants.
- Highly Competative Salaries
- We are now offering Signing Bonuses
- Preparing and delivering engaging biology lessons to students from different backgrounds, who all have different interests and abilities.
- Monitoring student performance and adjusting teaching strategies and techniques for improved content delivery.
- Establishing classroom, laboratory, and field trip rules and ensuring all students understand and accept them.
- Setting up exams, assessments, and experiments in accordance with curriculum requirements and standards of the province.
- Communicating any student issues to parents, counselors, and other relevant staff members.
- Attending school events, club meetings, and staff meetings as required.
- Coming up with suggestions to improve the Biology Department and general school operations.
- Building rapport with students so that they feel comfortable and safe discussing sensitive topics in class.
- Encouraging students to participate in science fairs, competitions, and expos, and preparing them for these events.
* Please mention ChinaTeachJobs.com when submitting your application.