- Qualification Bachelors USD Month
- Grade Level Middle, High
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture, Science & Engineering, Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education
- Address 989, Baise Road, Shanghai, China
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters) and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People’s Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the people’s Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center. SHSID is approved to be an A-level test center and is also authorized by the ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. Presently, over 3000 students from over 30 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.
Positions: Subject Teachers of Grades 1-12
|9-12||High School Mathematics||2||Mathematics or statistics background|
|Computer Science||1||Basic/ Introductory/ IB/AP Computer Science|
Introductory/AP/IB/A-Level, students’ mental health counselling
Candidates with mental health counselling experience will be preferred
|High School Chinese||1||Chinese language & literature background|
|High School Biology||1||Biology / Environmental Science background|
|High School Economics||1||Introductory AP/IB/A-Level Accounting/ Econ / Business|
|High School History||1||History background|
|High School Geography||1||Geography background|
|High School Physics||1||Physics background with related research/competition/activity experiences is preferred|
|High School STEM Instructor||1||mechanical automation/electronic and information/ micro-electronics related engineering background with in-depth research experience|
|6-8||Middle School Mathematics||2||mathematics or engineering background|
|Middle School Science||1||biology background|
|Middle School Chinese||2||Chinese language/ Chinese as a foreign language education background|
|Middle School STEM & Computer Science||1||mechanical design/ electronic engineering/ I.T. related background with high hands-on practical skills|
|Middle School Geography||2||geography background master’s degree|
|1-3||Homeroom Teachers||2||Grades 1-3|
We may also need teachers in other disciplines, for example environmental science, primary school teacher, etc. Interdisciplinary teachers are also highly welcomed to SHSID community. If interested, please send your CV to email@example.com for us to screen when needed. The number of teachers we need is subject to change.
1. Have a bachelor’s degree (minimum qualification), master’s degree or above.
2. Be physically and mentally healthy and have passion for international education.
3. Be able to teach in English and willing to improve their teaching skills. (Candidates who possess the certificate of English listening and speaking proficiency, such as TOEFL/ IELTS, Shanghai Advanced Interpretation Test, Cambridge Business English Test will be given priority under the same condition. Please scan the original documents of the certificates and attach them with other application materials.)
4. Be capable of maintaining a positive attitude during busy working hours and stress management.
5. Be able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism both in and outside of the classroom.
6. Be skillful at communicating with other colleagues, students and their parents.
7. Be able to integrate quickly into the school’s academic, administrative, and extra-curricular activities, and all teachers are expected to contribute their intelligence, strength to the school’s research in teaching methods and students’ activities.
Email Application: Please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure an effective recruitment work of our staffs, please present your resume directly in the body of the email. The scanned materials and resume in Word format should also be attached with the email. Please make sure the title of the email is “Subject title + Applicants’ name + Degree obtained most recently + Major”, for example, Physics + Zhang San + Undergraduate + Automation or “Math + Li Si + Master + Math and Applied Math”.
We trust all applicants for their honesty in application process. However, if any counterfeited material is found, the person involved shall take full responsibility for whatever incurred.
Welcome to join us – Shanghai High School International Division.