- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Address Shanghai Concord Bilingual School, China
The Chemistry Teacher will report to the Head of Science. He/she will be responsible for contributing to the development of the subject at all levels throughout the school. He/she needs to possess good organisational skills and also be an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative teacher, committed to flexible and varied styles of teaching and in sympathy with the aims and objectives of this bilingual school.
The post holder will be part of a team of specialist science teachers, which is expected to grow in size considerably as student numbers increase. He/she will be closely involved in the development of Chemistry at all levels throughout the school.
Alongside teaching specialist Chemistry from IGCSE to Oxbridge level, the Chemistry Teacher will be a key member of the small and exciting Middle School Science Project, contributing to the design and implementation of this bespoke curriculum which builds on the Chinese National Curriculum knowledge taught by Chinese specialists. The Middle School Science Project, supported by the HuangPu Education Bureau as an innovative approach to bilingual education, encourages students to apply their Chinese science learning to practical, investigative project-based work in English, thereby laying strong foundations for future IGCSE work.
• a high quality degree with Chemistry as the sole or major focus
• a formal teaching qualification
• at least two years’ teaching experience
• Minimum two years’ Chemistry teaching experience and the capability of teaching Chemistry to all age groups 11-18;
• Ability to communicate in English with pupils, colleagues and parents, with support for interpretation into Chinese where necessary, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
• Ability to work collaboratively;
• Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work;
• A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes;
• Experience of A-Level or IGCSE students will be beneficial.
Apply for job
New Job Alert
Never miss a chance!
Let us know your job expectations, so we can find you jobs better!