• To teach Chemistry, modelling best practice in all aspects of classroom delivery,
assessing pupil outcomes and progress, and implementing interventions whenever
• To demonstrate an enthusiastic and committed approach to teaching within the
• To understand and embrace new developments in planning and implementing an
exciting, engaging and contemporary curriculum, incorporating aspects of working
scientifically with a focus on the importance of practical work.
• To advise the Head of Department on all matters connected with the delivery of
Chemistry across the College and to liaise on resourcing, curriculum issues, exhibitions,
whole school projects and CCAs.
• To undertake curriculum development and contribute to relevant areas of College policy
• To collaboratively produce departmental Development Plans as required.
• To undertake regular audits and quality assurance/control within your teaching.
• To keep up-to-date with curriculum development and to take part in relevant CPD for
this purpose, disseminating to other staff where appropriate.
• To ensure the effective implementation of College policies.
• To identify and exploit opportunities for pupils to develop their appreciation of and
engagement with the College’s values, through their experience in Science.
• To establish and maintain the highest expectations of all pupils, with regard to their
progress, engagement and appropriate use of the department’s resources & facilities.
• To prepare individual and group reports and analyse and report on summative data.
• To demonstrate high standards of professionalism and pastoral care when interacting