Chinese Language Teacher (Senior)
Head of Chinese
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
The post holder is accountable to the Head of Chinese and Head of Senior.
To assume responsibility for teaching Mandarin in the whole school with external exam groups, following the Wellington College curriculum, under the direction of the Head of Chinese.
To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and attainment in the subject area by teaching a timetable of lessons and supportingthe Head of Chinese in the achievement of whole school and departmental targets.
• To have high expectations of all pupils based on relevant data.
• To teach using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning, meeting the demands of the curriculum and through scaffolding and objectives ensure that the needs of all pupils are met.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the college’s policies and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour and standards of work.• To assess pupils’ work in line with school policies and procedures referring to pupil performance targets.
• To contribute to the development and implementation of the subject’s strategic action plan.
• To attend and contribute to all staff and subject meetings.
• To use data, both externally and internally produced, to assess pupil performance and to develop appropriate courses of action.
• To review on a regular basis methods of learning and teaching.
• • If asked, to be a form tutor to an assigned group of pupils.
• To register students and notify the designated safeguarding lead immediately about any concerns relating to a pupil.
• To participate in the School’s professional learning program and continue personal development in the relevant areas especially subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• To participate in the college’s professional learning program and continue personal development in the relevant areas especially subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• To attend all Curriculum, Parent Teacher Conferences and other such academic or pastoral events.
• To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.• To facilitate and attend fixtures and sporting events.
• To actively support the CCA programme.
• To undertake duties as detailed in the staff Duty Rota.
• To comply with the current policies and procedures of the School.
• To display the Huili Values at all times, either in school or in the wider community.KEY TASKS:
• To assess, record and report on the attainment, attendance and progress of pupils keeping such records as are required.
• To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual or groups of pupils.
• To prepare and update subject materials, including schemes or work.
• To assist the Head of Department in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies.
• To plan and prepare sequences of lessons to show progress over time.
• To produce interim and annual reports for all pupils taught in line with the School’s Teaching and Learning Policy.
• To maintain excellent communication with parents.
• Mentoring a pupil, trainee teacher or teaching assistant as appropriate.
• To engage actively with the School’s performance review surveys.
• Education: Minimum of an Bachelor’s degree, a recognized teaching certification
e.g. PGCE, Chinese national teacher’s qualification
• Subject: Chinese or related education majors
• Language: Native Chinese speaker with competent English
A minimum of 2 years work experience teaching in high performing schools
• Display excellence in Chinese teaching
• Having experience of teaching Chinese at Middle School equivalent level
• Knowledge of CAIE IGCSE Chinese
• Prior experience of teaching different pathways (native learner, 2nd language and foreign learner)
• Experience of teaching IGCSE exam year and achieving very good results in different pathways
• Be able to assess pupils’ interests, needs and developments
• Be able to develop curriculum
• Display the Wellington Values
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Cross-cultural working experience is preferred