- Address 8 Kehua Road, Shenzhen, China
Position: Director of Content & Events – AON
Start Date: Spring/Summer
Avenues | The World School is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
About Avenues AON
Avenues Online takes advantage of best-in-class technology to create a singular, international community of scholars. Students interact daily with peers in over 25 countries, including France, Kenya, Korea, Mexico, Uruguay, Spain, South Africa, and the United States. This nurtures a global mindset where students learn to exercise empathy and collaborate across languages and cultures. Students learn to use mental agility when facing ambiguity and how to apply creativity when working with abstractions. They develop metacognitive awareness that empowers them to absorb new information and skills long after graduation.
About the Opportunity
This is a chance to join our small but mighty AON Campus team who will set the tone, culture, and direction for the online learning campus. The Director of Content and Events will influence the global and local experience of the Avenues brand which plays a key role in helping to bring families, students and teachers to the Avenues AON campus. The unique scope of this role provides the opportunity to tell stories in various digital mediums and develop meaningful interactions in both physical and virtual form; all with the ability to quickly and directly see the impact of your team’s efforts. Beyond the AON world (where this role reports to the Global Director of Online Programs) the Director of Content and Events partners with the global Creative/Marketing teams and will be a collaborative peer to other Directors of Content & Events from the New York, São Paulo, Silicon Valley and Shenzhen campuses.
- You are a creative storyteller who knows your audience/s
- You are an expert at doing and leading video production and have a deep track record of successfully leveraging video as a vehicle for storytelling and marketing.
- You are an entrepreneur: you like to do things that have never been done before and you are scrappy about what’s possible no matter the resources available
- You are a creative with strong design sensibilities and can confidently lead multiple teams to bring brand and stories to life
- You can juggle multiple, shifting priorities and deliver on challenging deadlines
- You love collaborating closely with a variety of stakeholders and colleagues
- Our mission energizes and inspires you
- Overseeing and manage the successful implementation and management of the customized digital events platform
- Act as product owner for the digital family experience (UX), prioritizing clarity and ease of use to enhance value for Avenues families and increase online engagement
- In collaboration with Admissions, design and produce events and experiences (virtual, small and large) for prospective Avenues families in support of Admissions goals
- In collaboration with the head of school, design and execute high priority public and internal AON campus events in service of key objectives
- In collaboration with Avenues R&D, to assist in creating a globally inclusive experience, including language localization, translations, accessibility options
- Responsible for the select and manage of digital event technology vendor relationships
- In collaboration with Director of Marketing, ensure online and offline marketing efforts are aligned with AON campus design and digital event production
- Capture compelling stories and experiences on campus for repurposing across mediums and channels externally, working closely with communications on messaging
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.