Director of Music

Yew Chung International School

Job Overview

More Information

Job Title:
Director of Music (YCIS-HK-2324-YCYW001)
Posted Date: 01/08/2024 Expiration Date:
Location: YCIS – Hong Kong # of Openings: 1
Effective From: Immediate
Job Description: The Director of Music is a full-time position with responsibility for both instrumental and choral direction in YCIS Hong Kong and other YCYW schools in China. The person appointed to this position will be accountable for developing the music programmes across the network of schools, as well as ensuring the quality of music teaching and showcases. The ideal candidate will spend approximately 30% of their time at YCIS Hong Kong and the remaining 70% working closely with the Head of Performing Arts at the YCYW schools in China to deliver high-quality music programmes and events. This role entails leadership responsibilities and requires providing strategic direction to the YCYW schools in terms of their music technicality.

Job Responsibilities:

Manage, develop and take direct responsibility for the provision and development of music programmes in YCYW schools in Hong Kong and China, fostering excellence in the deliverables of the music performances
Conduct and direct musical groups such as orchestras, choirs or bands where appropriate
Offer training and professional development to music staff to ensure teachers are equipped with the skills required for school base music programmes
Support and gatekeep the quality of major music performances at different schools
Oversee the quality of the IIIP programmes and the technical deliverables of the lessons in each school
In collaboration with Senior Leadership Team (SLTs), supervise and provide guidance to the Head of Music/Performing Arts of YCYW schools
Organise YCYW cross-school music events and curate high-quality concert programme
Develop the Musician-in-Residence programme and facilitate music workshops and masterclasses at schools
Participate in interviewing all Heads of Music/Performing Arts of YCYW Schools during the recruitment period, and perform their annual appraisal as 2nd appraiser.
Other duties as assigned

Job Requirements: Holder of a Bachelor Degree in music; subject-relevant Master’s degree preferred
Proven as a practising musician and of professional standing
Highly skilled in orchestral and/or choral conducting
Ability to innovate and think creatively about education; teaching experience is an advantage
Ability to work with students of different age groups (K to 13)
Demonstrate leadership skills and excellent teamwork in working with colleagues and teachers of different backgrounds
Able to collaborate with staff outside of the music department and contribute to cross-disciplinary events and projects
Fluent in spoken and written English
Support Yew Chung and Yew Wah’s values
Willing to travel to China

Click here to read more.

Share this job
Company Information
  • Total Jobs 149 Jobs
  • Full Address China
  • Homepage URL
  • School Type International School