- Address China
Closing date of applications
30 November 2023
1 August 2024
Date Contract Ends
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Several Curricula (see description)
3 or more years experience
Through large group sessions, break-out sessions, and specialized elective classes, our drama program focuses on using the first class facilities; black, theatre, and open performance spaces to showcase our student’s artistic confidence.
Our emphasis on IB curriculum learning encourages students to weave connections among the artistic, academic, social, and emotional threads of their learning. Through large group sessions, break-out sessions, and specialized elective classes, our drama program focuses on using the first class facilities; black, theatre, and open performance spaces to showcase our student’s artistic confidence. The Drama teacher will coordinate and lead performances throughout the year with both our internal and extended ISA communities. Experience with, and passion for teaching a multifaceted drama programme that includes appreciation, performance, lighting, backstage sound control and stage production are essential components of this position, as is a passion for teaching young learners and nurturing their creativity and enthusiasm.
We are looking for candidates who are individual and team contributors; who possess an entrepreneurial, innovative, and growth mindset; who are continuous and self-reflective learners; and who have education and content expertise. The following are highly desirable qualifications for the listed position:
• Bachelor’s degree BA/BS in a specific field or postgraduate work in subject matter required
• Master’s level degree or above in content area preferred
• Strong English speaking ability required; linguistic proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is highly desirable
• Minimum 3 years of teaching experience, preferably in an independent school environment
• Participates in professional learning communities, grade-level teams, and other collaborative communities to design and plan instructions, improve practice, and achieve student outcomes
• Drive and energy to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes