- Qualification Masters USD Month
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address 北京市朝阳区金台西路2号
People’s Daily Online, founded on January 1, 1997, is a publicly traded media and culture company, with People’s Daily having a controlling stake. In addition to Chinese, People’s Daily Online also publishes news content in seven ethnic minority languages and in 12 foreign languages.
People’s Daily Online is looking for two full-time native English-speaking editors. The openings are based in People’s Daily New Media Tower, Chaoyang District, Beijing. The positions come with a minimum one-year contract.
To be discussed upon interview.
1. Edit and polish English content produced by Chinese journalists and editors.
2. Work with Chinese editors and reporters in covering major news events.
3. Write reports in English, make plans for news features, interviews, and audio/video programs.
4. Monitor the content quality of the People’s Daily Online website and social media platforms, and make recommendations on improvements.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Must abide by the laws and regulations; have no record of professional misconduct; and observe professional ethics.
2. Native English speaker, with fluent English listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills that meet the requirements and standards for producing world-class news coverage.
3. Have obtained a master’s degree or above; those applicants with only a bachelor’s degree should have at least two years of relevant work experience.
4. Have degrees related to journalism, political science, international relations, Chinese, Sinology, cross-cultural communication, etc.
5. Keen interest in and solid knowledge of China, current events and international affairs.
6. Command of Chinese language and/or being able to translate to translate or interpret between Chinese and English is strongly preferred; video reporting and editing skills a plus.
7. Be able to provide all of the documents required by the human resources and social security authorities of the People’s Republic of China.
Qualified candidates will be offered acompetitive salary and benefits package that includes health insurance and paid holidays.