- Qualification Bachelors
- Salary Offer 34k-44k/month USD 34k-44k/month Month
- Grade Level Primary, Middle, High
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address 北京市昌平区马池口镇满白路101号
In line with the school vision, mission and core value, carry out duties including but not limited to the following:
Learning and Teaching
• Teach and educate students according to guidelines and desired outcomes provided by the School’s Administration and the chosen international curriculum.
• Follow IB MYP/IB DP guidelines to help students with inquiry-based learning.
• Develop and execute unit/lesson plans to teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care.
• Facilitate sharing of best practice and ensure implementation of best practice to achieve best learning and teaching results.
• Facilitate peer observation within the section.
• Ensure academic section members have access to student data (e.g. students’ exam/test scores and MAP scores if available) and that the data is used to inform decisions about student learning, including needed interventions.
• Conduct observations and feedback sessions at least twice a term with the head of Middle and High School to improve outcomes for all learners in own class and in English teachers’ classes (identifying learners’ needs, strategies to support problem solving and learners taking ownership of their learning, etc.).
• Ensure sectional teachers’ practice of identifying ways to address problem behaviours to improve the well-being of learners and enhance their educational achievement (positive and effective praise, modelling positive and safe relationships, providing a safe and calm learning environment, restorative justice and documenting behaviours of learners who are of concern, etc.).
• Ensure that all taught courses have an updated course outline. (in a standard form).
• Ensure that there is a sectional scope and sequence/curriculum map in place.
• Ensure the consistency and development of unit planners in the academic section.
• Work as a mentor to beginning and unexperienced teachers to help build their curriculum knowledge, unit/lesson planning and to ensure effective learning and teaching methodology, etc..
• Ensure that there are unit plans in place for all taught units and that these are reviewed on a regular basis and available to all related staff members
• Establish and maintain a record of completed MYP/DP planners as appropriate.
• Ensure that section members will produce a variety of planning, teaching and assessment resources for middle and high school that will prepare students for the rigors of the IB syllabuses.
• Work with teachers to ensure curricular alignment in the transition years
• Help identify out-of-school opportunities for student learning
• Work with the MYP/DP Coordinators to ensure overall curriculum alignment and continuity with the MYP and DP program in the school and between the programs.
• Facilitate regular sectional meetings with focus on student learning, assessment, and best practice.
• Ensure that minutes of meeting are kept and distributed appropriately.
• Attend weekly/monthly meeting of department subject leaders/ coordinators to share best practice.
• Work with department members and librarian to ensure appropriate and sufficient resources are in place to support the curriculum.
• Assist department in developing relevant resources.
• Work as a collaborative team member in the students’ admission activities.
• Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the head of Middle and High School and/or Director of NOA.
- Degree in Education or Related Teaching Subject
- Familiar with IB MYP and DP concept-based teaching methodology
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in the school setting, prefer Head of Department and Subject Leader experience
- Salary range is 34k-44k before tax.
- Free tuition (up to 3 children);
- Free gym & basketball court;
- Free accommodation；(2-bedroom apartment)
- Meal allowance;
- End of contract bonus;
- Flight reimbursement;
- Ongoing professional development;
- Global health insurance;
- Re-location benefits;
- School Shuttle
- Random gifts for birthday & festivals;
- 100% paid vacations.
Submit your CV and Cover Letter through CTJ online application or via email to [email protected]
* Please mention ChinaTeachJobs.com when submitting your application.