- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
A talented teacher of English who can teach English as a Second Language is needed in this growing bilingual school which will have students in Prep 1 to Senior 9 and IGCSE English from August 2022. We anticipate most pupils will need to sit IGCSE English as a Second Language but a small number will need to pursue English as a First Language. This position will start from August 2022.
Note: Due to the extra approval from Foreign Affairs called “PU Letter” for visa,the process should be extended from 3-4 months to 5-7 months roughly, so please apply for your application asap if you are international candidates.
To empower students to pursue excellence in its many forms and acquire the skills necessary to become critical thinking, self-actualised problems solvers and compassionate global citizens.
1. University degree (BA/B.Sc) or equivalent;
2. Teacher Qualifications (B.Ed/M.Ed/PGCE/QTS) or equivalent;
3. Have at least 2-year teaching experiences;
4. English speaker;
5. Holders of a valid Chinese Work Permit and Residence Permit are preferred.
Professional Knowledge and Understanding:
1. Create outstanding learning environments;
2. Build strong routines for young children to enhance their sense of well-being and belonging;
3. Offer all children in your care respect, equity and opportunities;
4. Engage wholeheartedly in parent communication and offer opportunities for parents to engage in learning;
5. Document learning in order recognize and value children’s achievements, celebrate successes and plan for next steps;
6. Initiate, innovate and inspire;
7. Planning collaboratively with other English teachers to teach the BMH English Curriculum to your class;
8. Undertaking Co-Curricular Activities to enrich student learning;
9. Organising and participating in events in order to build community, celebrate success and showcase learning to parents.
10. Provide in loco parentis homeroom provision English speaking homeroom teacher together with a Chinese bilingual homeroom teacher (known as the Banzhuren in Chinese)
11. Teach 1 period of Morality in English per week as well as your English Second Language Teaching commitment of 21 periods.
12. Register the students in the morning (15 min), run after lunch Everyone Reading in Class (ERIC) time (15 min) and assist them with end of day packing up (15 min).
Our campus is located on the property owned by Mission Hills and immediately adjacent to the Mission Hills resort in Shenzhen, China. By subway, it is only 45 minutes from Shenzhen City Centre and Hong Kong Island just 2 hours from our door.
Along with your highly competitive salary, and the opportunity to live within the vibrant and verdant city of Shenzhen, you will enjoy the following benefits:
• Annual flight allowance
• Relocation allowance
• International in-patient healthcare
• Fully paid holidays: Summer, Christmas, Chinese New Year and other national holidays
• Subsidy towards housing in the beautiful Mission Hills resort
• 80% subsidy on school tuition fees for up to two children
• Mission Hills subway/metro station available
• PD opportunities available
Please send your application to JasmineYao@bmh.education and include:
1. A full CV with photo: including email addresses and phone numbers of at least 3 referees- one of whom should be your current Head/ Director/ Supervisor;
2. A letter explaining what you would bring to the position if successfully
3. One page statement of educational philosophy.
Note: feel free to add HR person Jasmine Yao on FaceTime ( +86 13682456157) , WeChat (via +86 13682456157 or jasmine57s), or Skype (yaoxianli57).
HR sets an interview directly with Head of School.
Website and School Address:
1. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills: http://www.bromsgrove-mh.com/en-us/
2. Mission Hills Group: http: //missionhillschina.com
3. BMH is located in No.8 Mission Hills Rd, Longhua, Shenzhen, China.
Please note this position is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills (BMH) is committed to equality and diversity. BMH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.