- Address China
Head of Sixth Form
The Examinations Officer is responsible for the administration and organisation of all aspects of external examinations in accordance with the regulations laid down by the awarding bodies (currently Cambridge and Pearson Edexcel).
EXTERNALLY ACCREDITED EXAMINATIONS
• Oversee all arrangements for all public examination entries e.g. (I)GCSE and AS and A2 examinations for pupils.
• Where applicable, organise the collection of registration and examination fees; organising, invoicing and ensuring money collected is credited to the relevant account, in liaison with the Finance Department.
• Work with Heads of Departments to co-ordinate the preparation and submission of entries to examining bodies and submit entries in advance of deadlines.
• Ensuring the prompt dispatch of coursework to moderators by the examination board deadline.
• Making the necessary arrangements for conducting speaking examinations and submitting the recordings to examination boards.
• Ensure all examination papers and stationery are delivered safely to the school, being responsible for their strict security in accordance with regulations and ensuring completed papers are dispatched promptly and appropriately.
• Be responsible for arrangements for the conduct of existing and new examinations. Make appropriate timetabling and room arrangements for the above and ensuring proper examination invigilation of the examinations is put in place in accordance with regulations.
• To liaise with the Operations Department to ensure that room(s) are available, and desks and chairs set out as required.
• Ensure that all examinations start and finish appropriately in line with examination board regulations including the conduct of any on-line examinations.
• Providing a centre timetable to include dates, times, venues, and number of candidates. • Ensure that pupils are given all the necessary relevant information about examination entries, the dates and times of the examinations, conduct during examinations and the collection of results and certificates and that this information is given in good time. Ensure that all necessary stationery and materials and other requirements are provided for examinations.
• Initiate appropriate correspondence with and responding appropriately to correspondence from the various examination boards the school deals with, including issues relating to appeals, remarking and other administrative issues such as pupils who miss examinations through illness or who require special consideration.
• Resolving examination clashes in accordance with regulations.
• Receive examination results and certificates and making arrangements for their issue. Keep up to date with the necessary policies, procedures, rules and regulations laid down by the different examination bodies.
• Being present and available in school on the days when results are notified and overseeing the distribution of results to candidates.
• Organise appropriate arrangements for the support of candidates with special examination requirements (eg dyslexia, disabled) in conjunction with the Director of Pupil Support.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING WITH OTHERS:
• Co-ordinate the team of invigilators, including recruitment, training, management and deployment of invigilation staff.
• Disseminate appropriate information and answer enquiries regarding external examinations with staff, pupils (and former pupils) and parents.
• Post the document with important information about public exam onto the schools preferred communication platform.
• Encouraging a positive examination culture in the school to which all staff and pupils subscribe.
• Work in liaison with the Senior Leadership Team to provide information related to public (and if required, internal) examinations in a format which is easily accessible so that effective examination analysis can take place immediately after results have been received and processed.
• Liaise with the Heads of Departments, Senior Management Team and Head of Sixth Form to ensure appropriate timetabling and invigilation arrangements are in place for the school’s internal examinations (Mock exams for IGCSE, AS and A Level qualifications, and assessment weeks for Grades 7-9 and Years 7-10).
• Participate in appropriate CPD with the agreement of your Line Manager.
• Work closely with other exams officer to ensure consistency in communication, expectations and information dissemination.
• Meet with Line Manager regularly to provide updates.
• Undertake any other reasonable related duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the post holder’s supervisor from time to time, in consultation with the post holder.
Education: An undergraduate degree
Language: Fluent English, spoken and written. Fluency in Chinese will be looked upon favourably.
• 3 years of work experience as an exams officer in schools. Experience of the IGCSE and A Level examinations process
• Broad knowledge of exams administration in secondary schools.
• Good understanding of the internal and external examination requirements of secondary schools
• An appreciation of keeping abreast of all developments in the examinations field. Ability to lead staff professional learning across the school.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and preferably proven ability to communicate effectively with different types of people and in a cross-cultural environment.
• Team player, with an agile and adaptable outlook.
• Commitment and a desire to go above and beyond in the pursuit of excellence. Tangible experience with international best practices in education.
• Passion for world class education and strong desire to provide a broad range of opportunity for our pupils.
• High levels of data literacy and the ability to develop recommendations for action based on data analysis.
• Personal integrity, accountability, and credibility in front of stakeholders.
• High levels of resilience and determination.
• Desire and mindset to achieve continuous improvement.
• Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
• Prior experience of working in China would be an advantage.
to complete the online application.