Position Title: Executive Assistant for the Office of the Head of School
Supervisor: Head of School Office
The most important function of an executive Assistant is to keep their Executives organized, informed, and prepared for anything that comes their way. This position assists the Office of the Head of School in the execution of their duties by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handing information requests and performing routine administrative functions by upholding the confidentiality of sensitive materials and information.
- 8 years minimum relevant experience in office administration in a multinational organization.
- 2 years minimum experience supporting executive level management.
- Guided by ethical principles and character
- A/V and basic technology skills
- Proficient in English; strong communication skills in both speaking and writing
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-task skills
- Effective interpersonal skills-good “people” skills
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Self-motivated with attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
- Outgoing, not shy
- Flexible and trainable
- Patient with a positive outlook
- Fluent in Chinese both speaking and writing
- Knowledge of Chinese protocol, familiar with Shanghai and surrounding community
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assistant Support: for Head of School’s office, including but not limited to:
A. Routine administrative support
1. Receiving visitors and deciding if they should be able to meet with executives.
2. Screening the phone calls and routing calls to the right person or taking messages.
3. Filing and retrieving organization records, documents and reports.
4. Performing office duty that includes ordering supplies and managing a records database.
B. Routing of correspondence
1. Managing communications; including Board of Directors
2. Maintaining the calendar for executives
3. Scheduling meetings
4. Following up HOS emails, communicate and take actions as needed.
C. Meetings organization and documents preparation
1. Managing agendas for meetings
2. Taking meeting minutes
3. Preparing presentation, reports, memos and standardized speech
4. Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by board of directors, committees, and executives.
D. Support logistics for activities including catering, transportation, flight, hotel booking, restaurant booking and ticket purchasing etc.
1. Making travel arrangements
2. Business meeting and events
3. HOS’s office guests visit
E. Involve in various projects relates to HOS’s Office as required.
F. Interpretation and translation. (only if Chinese)
· Other duties as assigned.