• Management all cash and bank payments, prepare monthly bank reconciliations,
review supporting documents
• Maintain daily account of daily transactions, balancing the daily account at the end of
each day, checking daily cash balance
• Preparing and posting nominal ledger journals and adjustments to the accounting
• Issue billing and official tax invoices
• Issue receipts for payments received. Monitor collection of fees promptly.
• Issue refunds according to fee policy
• Keeping debtors in good order and liaising with Admissions Administrator to
• Assist on implementing internal control procedures
• Assist supervisor with monthly cashflow forecast
• Assist supervisor in the preparation of statutory reports and management reports
• Carry out financial analysis as necessary
• Liaise with external agents as required
Fluent written and spoken English.
3+ years accounting experience, ideally in a context that includes international staff.
Experience of accounting software is advantageous.
• Experience of multinational company/education setting preferred
• Fluency in English and Chinese
• Independent and responsible
• High integrity and honesty
• Accuracy and attention to details
• The ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills with a diverse range of people and interpersonal
• Technology user skills sufficient to prepare reports in Excel and Word, and
aptitude to operate appropriate databases, e.g. Microsoft Dynamics
• Ability to work to tight timelines.
• Able to work long hours and occasional weekends for events
• Demonstrating practice that represents the five core values of Wellington at all times
(courage, integrity, kindness, respect and responsibility)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proven ability to communicate
effectively with different types of people and in cross-culture environment
• Strong passion for the education industry
• Proven ability to work with metrics, numbers and trends, and develop
recommendations for action based on the analysis.
• Personal Integrity, accountability and credibility
• Strong mindset for continuous improvement to meet or exceed expectations.
Please submit CV and cover letter, together with an application form (available to down
load from www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers) in English and email to
materials will not be considered.
Wellington College China schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of
children. Assessment and testing of applicants’ suitability to work with children is an integral part of
the selection process