- Address 8 Kehua Road, Shenzhen, China
Position: Financial Analyst (Treasury)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Role type: Contractor
Start Date: June – July, 2022
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Beijing, Avenues London, Avenues Doha. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
This is a critical role for Avenues China, and the Financial Analyst (Treasury) is responsible for bank account handling, foreign capital settlement, treasury issues, cash management, staff expense report and other campus service functions which support the overall operation and development of Avenues China.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities in the following aspects:
- Manage all Avenues China entities’ bank accounts and cash issues.
- Conduct foreign capital and debt settlement and currency conversion regularly.
- Provide weekly cash movement status report to local and HQ controller team.
- Record and prepare monthly bank reconciliation report in between bank and system.
- Review and approve staff Expense report in compliance with Avenues policy and procedure.
- Process vendor payment and employee reimbursement timely and accurately.
- Record tuition fee and other fee payments in system on a timely basis.
- Be responsible to properly file payment settlements, ad hoc bank transactions, ad hoc payments, staff expense reports and other financial documents.
- Assist senior financial analyst in forecasting cash flow and provide cash related analysis as required.
- Other ad hoc works including capital increase, debt loan issuance, annual audit and other supports when needed.
WHAT YOU BRING
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Finance or accounting degree related.
- At least 3 years’ working experience as Treasury Specialist or AP accountant, shared service concept orientated.
- Intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth.
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization’s success.
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Professional English proficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what’s possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.