- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Negotiable
- Salary Offer CNY 20-25k/month USD CNY 20-25k/month Month
- Grade Level Primary
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address Shanghai, China
NOTE: JadeClass can provide the PU letter to teachers coming from outside of China
JadeClass is an English-language training center based in Shanghai that is fully-licensed by the Shanghai Education Commission. We provide enrichment education to bright Chinese students who plan on attending university abroad. Our students vary in age from 6-16 and are carefully screened for English level, behavior, and motivation. We select only the most motivated students and help them achieve success not just in testing but also in adapting to a Western-style learning environment—a process we have been perfecting since our founding in 2008.
Our current team of 20 full and part-time teachers instruct over 1200 students each week in courses as varied as ESL, literature, creative writing, science, mathematics, social studies, and test preparation.
We are seeking talented educators to collaborate with our existing team of teachers and curriculum designers. In particular, this person will have experience teaching English/ESL to primary-aged children and will be able to help us revise and expand our ESL curriculum.
• Ensure a high quality for materials by reviewing and refining existing curriculum
• Develop new, comprehensive courses and materials
• Deliver a wide range of new and existing content
• Help students succeed through constructive grading of their work
At JadeClass, we think you should get paid for the time and energy you devote to your classes, so course development and grading time are built into your schedule. Our class materials are comprehensive which takes away the time spent planning individual lessons, and we have a support team to track student performance, leaving you free to focus on your curriculum objectives and your teaching.
During the spring and fall semesters, we adhere to the following schedule except when government-required rescheduling occurs:
• 16 hours of teaching per week on Saturday and Sunday in back-to-back classes with 15-minute breaks in between
• 24 hours of office work per week on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays
During our 6-week summer session, teachers have their teaching hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays and their office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Salary & Benefits
• A competitive after-tax salary of 20,000 to 25,000 RMB per month
• 10 paid vacation days per year in addition to standard Chinese holidays
• Annual airfare reimbursement of up to 8,000 RMB
• Health insurance
• Work visa processing
• Two consecutive days off per week
• Airport pickup and 300 RMB/day hotel reimbursement for up to 1 week (for overseas arrivals)
• Assistance with acquiring housing, paying bills, obtaining a cell phone, obtaining a metro card, etc. (Salary advance is available for relocation purposes)
• Relocation to Shanghai
• Relevant bachelor’s degree
• Minimum two years’ teaching experience (with references). A degree in education or a 120-hour TEFL/TESOL can replace teaching experience
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Familiarity with common teaching methods and an insight into how students learn
• Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Willingness and ability to both collaborate on projects and to work independently as the situation requires
• Positive attitude with an ability to receive criticism and adapt to new methodologies
• Native English speaker
• Experience teaching English/ESL
• Experience developing course materials and assessments
• Experience living and working in China
• Licensed teacher