- Address China
Closing date of applications
30th June 2024
12th August 2024
Date Contract Ends
English / Whole school
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
IB Dip / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
full expatriate package for international candidates
2 or more years experience
The Director of ELA leads, directs, administers, and coordinates the framing and then implementing of ISAIEG policies, goals, and objectives across all our growing family of schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES includes, but not limited to the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Plan, create, develop, and implement comprehensive policies, programs, systems, structures and curricula for students in ELA.
- Provide direct support in reading, writing, and oral communications to support to ELA learners, and coordinate academic support for ELA students.
- Design and deliver of academic skill workshops including custom-made workshops that support faculty-learning and Group objectives to developing a Universal Service.
- Collaborate with staff to design Specialist and Individual services and programs that address the specific needs of Chinese students including research and development of appropriate strategies.
- Plan and coordinate programs of professional learning with administrators, teachers, and department staff both specialist and all staff
- Recommend, coordinate and evaluate the selection of instructional materials and equipment; including budget development and implementation.
- Use data to identify student and instructional needs, and support data use in each school with appropriate intervention.
- Communicate regularly with School Boards, Group Board and SIS regarding the academic progress students and pursuit of Group KPIs.
- Facilitate regular ELA Team meetings of all ELA leaders and task force/working party meetings, regularly visiting school sites to ensure program compliance and implementation of appropriate academic instruction.
- Oversee the adoption and subsequent maintenance of ELA curriculum.
- Provide supervisory and coordination responsibility for all ELA instructional programs in all schools .
- Provide leadership to Bilingual/ELA staff in coordinating their efforts across ISA schools
- Keep abreast of developments in ELA education and liaising with universities and research centres on developing best practice
- Oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of induction and in-service training programs for ELA personnel, and more generally in provision of ETATOE training for all.
Will supervise staff as assigned. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees in collaboration with supervisor and Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Considerable knowledge of international best practice and Chinese policies and procedures regarding ELA programs.
- Considerable knowledge of the current literature, trends, methods and developments in the area of ELA, especially Chinese/English.
- Considerable knowledge and experience of the principles of supervision, organization and administration.
- Knowledge of how child learn language, and experience of developing study strategies and metacognitive techniques.
- Knowledge of support for at-risk students and the ability to construct individualized intervention plans.
- Skill and experience in supporting staff performance management.
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate large programs.
- Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures and standards for schools or a wider service
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records and statistics and to develop meaningful reports from that information.
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise considerable tact and courtesy in frequent contact with the public.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be a teamplayer.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in TESOL/Applied Linguistics or English from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of working with ESL/ELA students, teaching ESL
- Measureable evidence of leading student achievements required.
- Effective leadership skills required.
- Bilingual in desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents