- Address Yew Chung International School, China
Head of CUGO (SHPX2324-24)
|Posted Date:||10/21/2022||Expiration Date:||–|
|Location:||YCIS – Shanghai(Puxi) (Shanghai Puxi SEC)||# of Openings:||1|
• Plan, implement and review the curriculum within the framework of the National Curriculum, IGCSE, IB, and the school’s policies. To develop the curriculums to meet the needs of our students.
• Oversee the teaching within the department through the preparation of schemes of work and monitoring performance of students during lessons.
• Contribute to teaching within the department and to the life of the school, including assemblies.
• Plan trips and excursions in Shanghai, around China, and the rest of the world to enrich the school-based curriculums.
• Ensure that students’ work is regularly assessed and their achievements recorded.
• Generate and maintain the documentation for the department.
• Control and direct the ordering, storage, and use of materials, equipment, books, etc. and to account for spending within the budget to the Co-Principals.
• Oversee the work of teaching and non-teaching staff assigned to the department and to advise and assist the Co-Principals in matters of staff appointments and appraisal.
• Oversee the professional development of department staff through a process of guidance, delegating, and consultation. To take part in appraisal arrangements and in the review process leading to the preparation of the school’s development plan.
• Support members of the department who may be having problems with individual students or classes; to ensure student discipline is maintained in order to ensure lessons during which meaningful learning can take place.
• As a senior member of staff, to take a full part in the formulation and implementation of school policy and in the whole life of the school.
• Attend meetings of the Academic Leadership Team.
• Chair regular department meetings as directed within the school‘s time budget and ensure that minutes are taken with copies being given to the Secondary Coordinator and Co-Principals.
• Liaise closely with the Secondary Coordinator in charge of timetable with regard to the allocation of curriculum time to the department, and also with regard to the assignment of appropriate staff to courses.
• Liaise with the school’s Key Stage 3, IGCSE and IB Coordinators with regard to pupil entries for IGCSE, IB, and other examinations. To work with Key Stage Coordinators regarding subject selection, course delivery, and quality instruction.
• Adhere to the school’s Information Technology Policy. To generate and maintain computer records regarding pupil achievement and progress. To be responsible for the sharing and security of these files.
• Implement school policy for Learning Support including the needs of the most, and the least, able.
• Ensure that the department’s teaching spaces present a stimulating environment.
• Supervise the use and care of all the teaching spaces assigned to the department, including adherence to relevant health and safety regulations.
• Plan to meet the future needs of the expanding school in terms of space, staffing, equipment, and ICT.
• Supervise the work of, and give professional guidance to, any student or teacher assigned to the department, supplying written reports to the appropriate Co-Principals upon request. This includes the conduct of observations and yearly appraisals.
• Oversee liaison:
– within school
– with contributory schools and with other middle and high schools.
– with parents.
– with other institutions such as colleges of further education and local industry.
• To ensure that there are equal opportunities for all.