- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address Shanghai, China
The Head of English will report to the Assistant Principal (Academic).
The post-holder will lead a team of specialist subject teachers, which is expected to grow in size considerably as student numbers increase. He/she will be responsible for the development of that subject at all levels throughout the School. He/she needs to possess good organisational skills and also be an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative teacher who can lead by example, who is committed to flexible and varied styles of teaching and is in sympathy with the aims and objectives of the School.
• a high quality degree with English or a Humanities subject as the sole or significant focus;
• a formal teaching qualification may be an advantage;
• an interest in further training and development.
Skills and Experience:
• the capability of teaching English expertly and confidently to all age groups 11-18 (Chinese Grades 6 to 12), being up-to-date in his/her subject;
• a willingness to accommodate the needs of students whose first language is not English is essential;
• confidence in ICT and good ICT skills, being able to pick up new procedures and routines quickly; particularly in respect of the SchoolPal system, also used as our VLE;
• effective and efficient administrative skills;
• the ability to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the School is highly desirable;
• a willingness to support the Admissions and Marketing teams is essential;
• relevant experience in teaching, examining or in the commercial sector will be taken into account.
Email: [email protected]