Head of Football
Director of Sport
Wellington College International Shanghai is seeking an ambitious individual to lead and
implement a successful football programme emphasising excellence, participation and
building long lasting community links. The candidate will deliver high-quality coaching
by attending fixtures (within CCA and external conferences), tournaments
(domestic/abroad), teaching in curriculum (where appropriate), lead and manage
coaches daily. The Head of Football will work closely with the Director of Sport &
Head of Physical Education Department to implement strategies, initiatives and
curriculum initiatives to lay firm foundations for future sporting success, personal
fulfilment, and lasting happiness in all pupils.
Immediate responsibility for football at Wellington:
• Preparation and training of school teams
• Coordination of football in CCA program across school
• Input into PE curriculum as appropriate
• Travel with school teams as required domestically and internationally.
• Input into Schemes of Learning, SoP etc. relating to football.
• Take responsibility for organizing and running football competitions at
Enhancement of football at Wellington:
• Take responsibility for the football component of Sports Scholar program.
• Liaise with university counsellor in relation to “football “student athlete
• Take specific responsibility for Performance groups (football) within the
Competitive Sports/Scholar program.
• Coordinate with the company responsible for delivering the Wellington
• Coordinate with the company responsible for delivering the Mini Kickers
• Coordinate as appropriate with outside agencies e.g., SFA in further
enhancing the competitive opportunities available to Wellington students.
CPD and quality assurance:
• Provide regular feedback and training for all coaches and staff within the football
programme/Physical Education department.
• Assist the DoS in regular appraisal and review of staff within the football
• Assist the DoS in formulating a calendar that includes periodised training for
Wellington students within the football programme.
• Assist the DoS in creating a budget that supports the development of football at
Wellington to include equipment, staffing, facilities.
• Assist with DoS, Head of Sixth Form, Head of Senior School & University
Counsellors in developing and expanding Sports scholarship programme.
Please submit CV and cover letter, together with an application form (available to
download from www.wellingtoncollege.cn/careers) in English and email to
Please note that any application with missing materials will not be considered.
Wellington College International Shanghai is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare
of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be
subject to enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal
background checks, qualifications checks and employment checks to include an exploration
of any gaps in employment.