- Address China
Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong opened in 2018. A primary school, we provide almost 1,000 places for children aged between 3 and 11 years old.
Operating within a world-class and purpose built facility, students enjoy wide access to our swimming pools, sports hall, dance studio, gymnastics centre, auditorium and recital suite. These spaces, among others, have been designed bespoke for primary aged children.
The school enjoys an advantageous setting in Tseung Kwan O – easily accessible by road and MTR, it also benefits from the strongest of partnerships with Shrewsbury School in the UK (www.shrewsbury.org.uk).
An excellent and internationally competitive package of benefits is offered under the terms of a two-year contract.
The position of Head of Music is awarded to a teacher of the highest possible calibre. The responsibilities and expectations specific to this role must therefore be viewed as supplementary to those held by a Teacher.
The Teacher will:
- Provide a comprehensive service for Shrewsbury students and their families;
- Be responsible for planning, developing, implementing and reviewing a creative and engaging programme of study connected to the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage profile;
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents;
- Contribute positively to the wellbeing of others;
- Attend regular meetings with other members of the academic team;
- Play an active role in the Extra Curricular Activity programme;
- Support the safe running of the school campus.
The Teacher will:
- Be a fully qualified teacher with QTS;
- Have a minimum of three years of post-qualification experience;
- Be passionate about the development of young people;
- Advocate for the benefits of a broad curriculum;
- Have a full understanding of the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage profile;
- Be able to nurture and stretch the most able whilst also making lessons accessible and enjoyable for all;
- Be internationally minded, demonstrating experience of and interest in working with children who speak English as an additional language;
- Be willing and able to reflect professionally in order to refine their practice;
- Have a track record of exceptional pastoral care and be able to prioritise the happiness and wellbeing of all students;
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Manage their own time effectively;
- Enjoy working as part of a talented and experienced team;
- Have a pioneering attitude and a good sense of humour.
Position: Head of Music
The Head of Music will:
- Lead on the design, implementation and strategic review of a bespoke programme of study, and support the collection of all required supporting resources;
- Act as line manager for a full department of employees, setting and monitoring appropriately challenging goals and targets;
- Liaise closely with academic leaders across the school to ensure excellent curricular integration and full participation;
- Lead the promotion of Music across the school community and actively support the professional development of colleagues;
- Support the planning and delivery of all learning connected to Music;
- Develop a balanced departmental timetable;
- Demonstrate support for the Senior Leadership Team through the implementation and reinforcement of policy and expectation.
The Head of Music will:
- Demonstrate a high level of personal expertise in Music;
- Have a minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience;
- Work effectively with senior colleagues and closely with The Principal;
- Be able to find creative solutions to arising challenges posed;
- Lead positively and with integrity.
Shrewsbury International School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Attend regular in-house child protection and safeguarding programmes and sign a Code of Conduct;
- Play a leading role in promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all students in the school;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any concerns they have for the welfare of a student;
- Report to the Designated or Deputy Safeguarding Lead any unsafe practices witnessed within the school as outlined in The School’s Speak Out Policy;
- Keep professional relationships with students where personal boundaries are respected and maintained.
- International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) secured prior to the start of contract;
- Formal proof of identity with photo ID (Original Driving License / Passport);
- 3 signed, confidential references (one of which must be from the candidate’s current headteacher) secured prior to the start of contract;
- Verification of original qualifications.
Full details of the school are available on our website at http://www.shrewsbury.edu.hk.
Any queries should be forwarded to our HR Assistant Manager, Ms Angie Wong at: [email protected]
Ascribed benefits include assignment of a Responsibility Allowance (RA2) and a timetable allowing for a minimum volume of 40% non-contact time each week.