The HRH’s will:
Act as stated in job description as a RHT.
Managing RHT and other RH staff/interns
– Train and equip the Residence Hall Teachers (RHT) so they are able to perform effectively and confidently.
– Develop managerial tools to conduct assessment to fine tune the contribution of RH staff.
– Chair regular RH staff meetings with agenda.
– Create roster duty system and allocate tasks to RHT and RH staff.
– Organize team building activities for RH staff.
– RH staff appraisal.
Managing resident’s well-being
– Develop managerial tools for resident life and monitoring resident’s welfare.
– Develop healthy and safety culture.
– Maintaining the behavior and conduct of residents to a high level of standard and deal with misbehavior conduct with appropriate consequences.
Demonstrate organizational and managerial skills to RH operation
– Create and generate templates to maintain records of residents’ attendance, special medical needs and disciplinary concerns.
– Manage RH documentation in school’s shared-folder system.
– Create RH documents and notices for display.
– Develop RH calendar and to oversees/organize special programs and activities for the residents.
– Attend regular meetings chaired by the SLT with agenda.
– Facilities management for the upkeep of the RH and to coordinate with maintenance and engineer staff.
– Deal with medical outbreak or crisis, and develop measure for climate changes.
– Invite guest lecturers, and/or to find coach and outsourced organizer for RH events and activities.
Coordinate and cooperate with other departments in school
– Liaise with relevant school departments in matters of finance, purchasing, security, housekeeping, meals and marketing-admissions.
– Build good relationships and lines of communication with academic faculty.
– Work closely with parents relation officer for enquiry, concerns and disputes from parents.
– Attend events and prepare for public speaking and presentation during parents’ meetings, marketing and school events as instructed by the Co-Principals.
– Updating RH enrollment, vacancy and capacity info for RH related departments in school.
Stay connected to parents
– Build good relationships and lines of communication with parents of residents and to be a facilitator, coordinator between RHT and parents.
– Creating periodic RH newsletter to parents.
Planning for next school year
– Prepare planning such as staff allocation, budget proposal and furniture purchasing.
– Interview staff during recruitment.
– Interview potential residents for RH enrollment.
– Create training schedule and materials for new staff and returning staff training before school starts.