- Address Shanghai, China
Dulwich College Shanghai Pudong seeks a well-qualified, caring and inspiring Head of T.O.K. for our Senior School (Years 7 to 13), with experience of teaching T.O.K. within the IB Diploma Programme. Candidates will also be expected to teach a second subject in which they are suitably qualified and experienced in. This is a rewarding opportunity to lead a strong and forward-looking departmental team in one of Asia’s most established and reputable international schools.
Dulwich College Shanghai Pudong is a high-performing, market-leading international school in one of the most vibrant cities in the world. We were the first of the Dulwich College International family of schools opening our doors in 2003. Since then we have grown to become the school of choice in the city.
The College is academically selective with an ever-increasing roll which currently stands at over 1,600 students. We are a diverse and dynamic community with students joining us from over 40 countries across the world. We pride ourselves in having a highly professional, committed and caring teaching community who enjoy an engaging, rewarding and supportive school environment.
We are more than simply outstanding academic results. Our students excel in music, drama, sport and the arts and they fully involve themselves in service to our local and global communities; service for us is not something we do, but who we are. Our Values guide our students to be the very best people that they can be: to be kind; to have integrity in their thoughts and actions; to take responsibility and have respect for others and themselves, and finally to show courage and stand up for what they believe in.
Our Teaching Profile
At Dulwich International High School, students come first. And because teachers play an extraordinary role in nurturing our students to become confident, curious and knowledgeable global citizens, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education who are passionate about unlocking the potential of our students.
Our teachers nurture and inspire their students today to make a positive difference in the world – living fully, living responsibly, and living sustainably. We empower our Teachers to Live Worldwise.
Our Vision For Teachers
• Put students first in all they do
• Display a positive attitude, adaptability and open-mindedness
• Show professional initiative and perseverance
• Are truly collaborative and display highly developed communication skills
• Are committed to internationalism and equity
• Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Worldwise teachers believe in:
• The right of every student to be safe, supported and nurtured
• Evidence-based and innovative pedagogy
• Personalised and differentiated student learning
• Setting high expectations for every student
• Empowering students to reach their own goals
• High levels of student motivation and engagement
Worldwise teacher’s practice:
• Maximises every student’s opportunity learn
• Promotes student agency, reflection and a love of learning
• Delivers academic rigour and holistic learning
• Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
• Creates a supportive and dynamic learning environment
• Develops students’ higher-order thinking
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
|THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE|
How to Apply
DCSPD is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate. To apply for this position you will need to include: an application letter your CV details of three referees from your current and previous employer.
To apply for this fixed-term position please go to https://shanghai-pudong.dulwich.org/careers/job-openings. But applications will be reviewed on receipt, and we reserve the right to make an early appointment. Interviews may take place in Shanghai or online.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.