Dulwich College Beijing is an aspirational and highly successful College offering the UK I/GCSE programme (Years 10 and 11) and the prestigious IB Diploma programme (Years 12 and 13). The college was the recipient of the International School of the Year Award for Pathways to Continued and University Education January 2022. We seek an experienced and dynamic Director of University and Career Counselling to lead our dedicated team of university and career counsellors for August 2023. We provide world-class futures planning and support to students and their families. Our team work closely with our academic and student support teams which enables a highly personalized service accompanied by effective programming throughout the Senior School. Our students access prestigious universities world-wide and our commitment to supporting informed decision making, university applications and our focus on ‘best-fit’ for every student ensures that we live our mission; ‘students come first’. With a collaborative, dynamic and innovative Senior School Team and with extensive professional learning opportunities, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate. Full details of the role are detailed in the job description.
DCB has forged an excellent global reputation for being a warm and welcoming community, and a rewarding place to work. DCB students possess a thirst for learning and are highly motivated every day. We wish to attract inspirational, talented teachers who love teaching and want to make a difference with our students. Dulwich College Beijing is an exciting place to teach and learn. Winner of several international awards in the last few years, including the International School Award for Creativity in Learning in 2019, the College is dynamic, collaborative and has the highest goals and expectations for its staff and students. The environment is one of trust and respect, with ideas bubbling from all quarters.
DCB is located in Shunyi, around forty-five minutes from the heart of Beijing. The capital is a truly exhilarating place, with its cultural sites, ancient heritage and all the amenities associated with a large and vibrant city. From fascinating Hutongs to the many green spaces around the city, there is something for everyone.
Our Teaching Profile (International School)
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on every student achieving his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise, ensuring they are confidently prepared for the uncertainties of the future. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit the very best counselling practitioners in international education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Counsellors. Our teaching, learning and counselling are grounded in the Dulwich College International pillars of Students Come First, Pioneering Spirit and One Family of Schools.
Our vision of counsellors
- Are student advocates first
- Display self-control and flexibility and encourage students to Build a personalized Bridge to the World that will create lifelong post-secondary success and fulfilment
- Promote a love of learning and student wellbeing
- Show professional initiative and perseverance
- Get on with others and have highly developed communication and collaboration skills
- Are committed to internationalism and equity
- Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
- Promote academic rigour, holistic learning and post-secondary aspirations that will allow our students to have the skills and motivation to make a positive difference in the world
A Worldwise Counsellor values:
- Student agency
- Data-supported counselling approaches and personalised student learning
- Diversity of cultures, personal backgrounds, and post-secondary aspirations
- High levels of student motivation and engagement
A Worldwise Counsellor’s practice:
- Embraces professional collaboration and collective efficacy as part of One Family of Schools
- Is student-centred in order to identify best-fit post-secondary pathways
- Engages in Pioneering professional learning for the benefit of students and the school community
Post-holder Qualifications, Experience
|THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Educate students, parents and staff on the university admissions process, trends, procedures and admissions testing
- Contribute to the creation and delivery of age specific university and careers programmes devised by the university team, with the support of the academic team
- Provide group and individualised counselling for families from Years 10 to 13 with advice on academic pathways, encouraging them to aspire realistically and make well informed decisions.
- Support students through application review and submission, university essay support, career planning and determining best fit, including at times of official results release outside of term dates
- To be familiar with application processes for universities worldwide and to guide students through proper completion of application systems
- Please refer to the JD for more information
How to Apply
DCBJ is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students.
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
To apply for this position you will need to include: an application letter your CV details of three referees from your current and previous employer.
Applications should be submitted through our on-line application system at: https://www.dulwich.org/careers.
For further information please see our website at https://beijing.dulwich.org
Interviews will take place as soon as applications are received, therefore early application is encouraged.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.
- Execution Excellence