- Grade Level High
- Discipline Art, Law, Political Science, Education
- Address Multiple cities in China
Are you looking for a new, exciting opportunity to teach in China and travel?
We are interested in partnering with teachers that have a passion for student achievement and success. Teachers that are collaborative and able to adapt to the Maple Leaf vision and mission. If you are seeking a challenging but rewarding career in education, apply today!
High School Specialist Teacher – Fine Arts, Foods or IT Salary and Benefits:
- Annual Salary: $53,000 – $71,000 CAD (based on recognized teaching experience)
- Health Insurance: Premium medical insurance with emergency coverage in North America during the summer holidays.
- Airfare: Annual $2000CAD airfare allowance and $100 extra baggage allowance for first time teachers.
- Setting-In Assistance: Assistance with logistical arrangements including visa application, flights and settling in
- Vacation and Holidays: 6 weeks of paid summer holiday, 4 weeks of winter holiday, and one week each in October and May during Chinese national holidays
- Family Benefits: Dependent spouse/children living with the teacher in China receive annual flights, visas, medical insurance and tuition reduction.
- Pension/Superannuation: 3% salary matching superannuation or “pension” plan available after two years of employment.
- Visa Costs: Visa cost paid by MLES, including reimbursement up to $250CAD for required immunizations.
- Allowances: Settlement allowance of RMB5000 for first-time teachers.
- Shipping: Personal freight allowance after three years.
- Leave: Up to 20 days of sick leave annually. Bereavement, maternity, and paternity leave.
More about the Maple Leaf Schools:
- Maple Leaf Educational Systems (MLES) is the most extensive international school system in China, with campuses in over 28 cities around the country.
- With an infrastructure that originated over 26 years ago, Maple Leaf offers a high-quality international education to students from preschool to high school.
- We are accredited by Cognia (USA) and inspected and certified by the British Columbia (B. C.) Ministry of Education (Canada).
High School Specialist Teacher – Fine Arts, Foods or IT Responsibilities:
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use visual/audio means to facilitate learning
- Provide individualized instruction to each student by promoting interactive learning
- Create and distribute educational content (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record students’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy and orderly classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand students’ behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Develop and enrich professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars, conferences etc.
High School Specialist Teacher – Fine Arts, Foods or IT Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a teachable subject
- 2 years of classroom experience
- Teacher training program | practicum
- Teacher license | certification
- Thorough knowledge of teaching best practices and legal educational guidelines partnered with a willingness to follow the school’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicability and interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and committed
- Creative and energetic
- Strong moral values and discipline
Locations of Maple Leaf Schools :
- Schools are located in Dalian, Tianjin, Chongqing, Yongchuan, Zhenjiang, Ordos, Luoyang, Shanghai, Pingdingshan, Tianjin Huayuan, Jingzhou, Yiwu, Pinghu, Huai’an, Xi’an, Huzhou, Weifang, Yancheng, Haikou, Liangping, Shenzhen, XiangYang, Luzhou, Jinan, Wuhan and Horinger.
Life in China
There has never been a better time to teach in China. Whether you’re looking for spectacular natural beauty, global mega-cities, a rich history or culture of modern innovation, there is a China to suit everyone. So, an international adventure in a fascinating culture? Fulfilling and well-paid work? If these are on your professional check-list, now might just be the perfect time for you to teach in China.