History Teacher (Senior School)
Head of Senior Humanities; Assistant Head Teaching and Learning; Head of Senior
History in the Senior School at Wellington covers Years 9 – 13, including History at
IGCSE and the IB Diploma standard and higher-level courses in the sixth form. We are
looking for a passionate, collegiate, and innovative teacher to teach within History
department at Wellington College International Shanghai. You will be a passionate
classroom teacher who inspires pupils to achieve their best within this exciting and well
supported area of the College. There is the possibility of a Head of Department role for
the right candidate.
In addition to the expected generic duties of the position (as described, below), the
teacher of History will be expected to demonstrate and share their own interest in the
subject, to foster an enjoyment of history among pupils of all levels of ability and ages,
ensuring that the curriculum is based on rigour and scholarly challenge and that there is
a commensurate co-curricular programme to support and extend pupils at all levels.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Relevant teaching qualifications and certificates
• Preferably in history, education, or social sciences
• At least 3 years’ teaching experience in history, with a proven pedagogy to a
reflective and responsive learning environment.
• Familiar with UK National Curriculum, IGSCE and International Baccalaureate
• Organised and professional maintenance of the classroom and the associated
• A passion for History, interested in inspiring students and a wish to join a
vibrant, forward-thinking and successful team.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate, inspire
and support colleagues and children
• Experience working cross culturally an advantage.
• Accurate use of assessment