- Address China
Closing date of applications
30 November 2022
14 August 2023
Date Contract Ends
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Fixed / Renewable
5 or more years experience
ISA Science City International School is a world IB school providing a balanced education affording the intellectual, physical, emotional and social growth of all students aged 2 to 18. We are seeking experienced and passionate educator for the position of IB DP Coordinator in August 2023.
- Key elements of the role include oversight of the development of a strong continuum of planned and written curriculum, utilising the IB Diploma Programme Standards and Practices;
- Work collegially within the Secondary section to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy;
- Support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School; and assist the School in meeting its planning goals;
- Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where children learn to respect differences;
- Take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for effective teaching and learning;
- Maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the programme;
- Assist in planning and organizing PD programme or actives for teachers.
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree and teaching qualification (such as PGCD, BEd, MEd) with major in Secondary Education;
- At least 5 years’ of full-time experience in mainstream education;
- High proficiency in English;
- Ability to integrate teaching and management for the Curriculum that the school has developed during the tenure;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice;
- A passion for education and excellence;
- Ability to inspire colleagues, to accept responsibility, to show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity;
- Comprehensive knowledge of IB DP framework, issues and trends in international education;
- Work effectively as a member of a team;
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation ;
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds;
- Ability to absorb information, analyze data and present overall picture and trends;
- Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style;
- Clear strategic thinking;
- High level interpersonal and administrative skills;
- Articulate and a strong communicator;
- Possess good organizational skills, manage time efficiently and be able to meet deadlines.
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
Please review with care the candidate pack shared for each specific position.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB/A-Level curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB/A-Level experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes