- Address China
Closing date of applications
30 November 2022
8 February 2023
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2025
Ages 4-11 / Primary and
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
IB PYP / IB MYP
Fixed / Renewable
5 or more years experience
IB PYP Coordinator is a member of the School Leadership Team and
is responsible for the effective organization of the IB PYP curriculum
Design a curriculum within the IB framework that embraces teaching and learning for pupils from age 2 to 1 1 . • Work collegially within the Primary School to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy; support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School; and assist the Primary School in meeting its planning goals. • Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence. • To maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the IB PYP program. • Ensure that the school meets all IB regulations and deadlines. • Plan and organize the teaching PD, especially the IB PD for all the teachers
Typical reporting relationship
Provide reports to the Head of School as and when required
Functional Internal: Teaching Staff, Leadership Teams, Students and Parents
Job Description (International Teaching Post) 2
relationships External: Professional Organisations
Minimum typical education
Master’s degree or above in education or a core degree subject supported with a relevant teaching certificate.
Minimum typical experience
Ideally with over 8 years working experience in educational industry, an ability to Integrate teaching and management for IB Curriculum (or UK curriculum), the school developed during the tenure. Working experience in top schools is preferred.
Core Professional / Other Competencies required
• Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice • A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues, to accept responsibility, show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity. • Comprehensive knowledge of the IB programmes and of key developments, issues and trends in international education
Core Soft/Transferable Competencies required
• Excellent leadership skills • Work effectively as a member of a team • Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation • Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds • Ability to absorb information, analyse data and present overall picture and trends • Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style • Clear strategic thinking • High level interpersonal and administrative skills • Articulate and a strong communicator • Confident in meeting and communicating with others • Possess good organisational skills, manage time efficiently and be able to meet deadlines • Excellent English
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes