- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date August 2022 or sooner if available
- Salary Offer Competitive package USD Competitive package Month
- Grade Level Middle, High
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Address 77 Tie Qi Shan Road, Chengyang district, Qingdao
Malvern College Qingdao is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Teacher of ICT and Computer Science for August 2022 or sooner if available.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be able to demonstrate that they are able to work collaboratively to embed systems, drive standards and to have the vision to move the curriculum team forward. They will also be a supportive member of the wider school staff and help ensure the success of Malvern College Qingdao as a leading independent, international school in China.
For further information about working for Malvern College Qingdao please download the general information pack.
All applications should be submitted online via the TES website. You are required to complete your online application, supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract type: Full Time, Three Years (Renewable)
Start date: August 2022 or sooner if available
Teachers Job Description:
- Responsible for teaching their subject to pupils in the age 12 to 18.
- Reporting to Head of Department.
- Contributing to the development of the department’s curriculum and resources.
- Setting and marking homework and tests in accordance with School and departmental policies
- Consistent and effective use of appropriate strategies for teaching and class room management.
- Consistently and effectively setting performance target for students.
- Contributing to the improvement and implementation of the assessment for learning and assessment of learning strategies within the department.
- Two evenings on duty for study hall per week.
- Six to Eight Sunday day duties in a year.
- Participation in extracurricular activities essential
- Covid vaccine is necessary; Chinese vaccine is preferred.
- Bachelor or above degree in relevant subject with teaching qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant teaching experience essential.
- Experience of teaching second language speakers an advantage.
- Boarding school experience also an advantage.
- Opportunities to be part of the boarding staff and middle management posts as the school develops.
- Specific single teachers or teaching couples unless partner is a housemistress are welcomed(Location unsuitable for teachers with children below sixth form ).
- We need staff to become Housemistresses, willingness to become a Head of House or Deputy head of House is an advantage.
- There will be opportunities to join the pastoral team and become an middle manager.
- Tax free salary in line with the UK.
- Free individual accommodation.
- No utilities bills.
- Free food during term time.
- Basic Medical cover.
Short listed candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their application.
Malvern College Qingdao exists to provide a quality all round education for students and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact [email protected] with any queries about th is role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Qingdao, please view our website at www.malverncollege.cn/en/ . To find out more about the Malvern College International family visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org
Submit your CV and Cover Letter through CTJ online application or to [email protected]
* Please mention ChinaTeachJobs.com when submitting your application.