Teach subjects assigned by the Co-Principals.
Prepare course outlines and lesson plans based on a detailed knowledge and understanding of Yew Wah’s curriculum which is designed according to the requirements of the National Curriculum and also based on the curriculum guides of IGCSE and A-Level or IBDP.
Submit course plans, lesson plans and relevant materials to the Head Teacher.
Prepare teaching materials and learning resources well; use teaching methods that engage students so that the learning objectives are met.
Communicate with parents frequently about students’ learning.
Design assignments for students and provide instructions and constructive feedback.
Assess student’s progress effectively. Communicate with students in a patient, careful and kind way.
Have good collaborations with Chinese or Western teachers of the subject or across subjects.
Understand the need to take responsibility for their own professional development; Evaluate their own teaching critically and use this to improve their effectiveness.
Set a good example to the students they teach in their presentation and their personal conduct.
Attend meeting called by Head Teacher, Coordinator and Co-Principals.
Complete other duties requested by the Head Teacher or Co-Principals.
Requirements and Qualifications:
– Years of class teaching experience, with teaching English to Chinese students in class situation is an advantage
– Teaching qualifications/credentials plus Bachelor’s degree
– Personality – responsible, outgoing, happy, enthusiastic, positive, confident
– Be responsible for work; be patient, kind and good at cooperation
– Agree with Yew Wah’s missions and philosophy and practice them through hard work.