IGCSE and A Level Art Teacher (WCH Sixth Form)
Head of Sixth Form
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Accountable to the Head of Art and Head of Sixth Form
To contribute to raising standards of pupil achievement and attainment in Art by teaching excellent lessons and working to achieve whole school and departmental development targets within Key Stages 4 and 5.
• To have high expectations of all pupils based on relevant data.
• To teach using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning, meeting the demands of the curriculum and through scaffolding and objectives ensure that the needs of all pupils are met.
• To maintain discipline in accordance with the College’s policies and encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour and standards of work.
• To assess pupils’ work in line with school policies and procedures referring to pupil performance targets.• To contribute to the development and implementation of the subject’s strategic action plan.
• To attend and contribute to all staff and subject meetings.
• To use data, both externally and internally produced, to assess pupil performance and to develop appropriate courses of action.
• To review methods of learning and teaching on a regular basis.
• If asked, to be a form tutor to an assigned group of pupils.
• To register students and notify the designated safeguarding lead immediately about any concerns relating to a pupil.
• To participate in the college’s professional learning program and continue personal development in the relevant areas especially subject knowledge and teaching methods.
• To attend all Curriculum, Parent Teacher Conferences, Open Days and other such academic or pastoral events.
• To ensure effective monitoring and communication with parents regarding academic progress both in line with school reporting procedures and in response to specific concerns as they arise.
• To undertake duties as detailed in the staff Duty Rota.
• To comply with the current policies and procedures of the College.
• To display the Wellington Values at all times, either in school or in the wider community.
• To assess, record and report on the attainment, attendance and progress of pupils keeping such records as are required.
• To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual or groups of pupils.
• To prepare and update subject materials, including schemes or work.
• To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work and teaching strategies.
• To plan and prepare sequences of lessons to show progress over time.
• To produce interim and annual reports for all pupils taught in line with the College’s Teaching and Learning Policy.
• To maintain excellent communication with parents.
• Mentoring a pupil, trainee teacher or teaching assistant as appropriate.
• To engage actively with the College’s performance review surveys.
• Minimum of an undergraduate degree plus a recognised teaching qualification e.g. PGCE
• Subject: Art or related discipline.
• Language: Fluent English, spoken and written
A minimum of 2 years work experience teaching in high performing schools.
• Display excellence in Art teaching.
• Have a successful track record of great results from your teaching of IGCSE and A Level Art.
• To have a demonstrable commitment to professional learning.
• Prior experience of working with ESL learners preferred.
• Be able to assess pupils’ interests, needs and development.
• Be able to teach Textiles and/or Design A Level
• Be able to develop the curriculum using best practice from research.
• Display the five Wellington Values.
• Proficiency with EdTech.
• Previous Cross-cultural working experience is preferred