- Address Yew Chung International School, China
|Posted Date:||04/12/2023||Expiration Date:||–|
|Location:||YCIS – Hong Kong (HK Secondary)||# of Openings:||1|
Library Assistant (Secondary School)
This position assists the Teacher Librarian and School Librarian with daily operations in our Global Learning Centre. Responsibilities include processing new materials, checking books in and out, maintaining library records, assisting students and staff in research and finding resources, and supervising and supporting student conduct during breaks and self-study lessons.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• A good command of English (Cantonese and Mandarin are a bonus)
• Ability to monitor student behaviour
• Ability to deal with secondary school students in a caring and confident manner.
• Ability to maintain accurate records
• Ability to organize and set priorities
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students and staff.
• Knowledge of IT applications such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom
• Knowledge of library procedures; ability to learn specific processes
• Effective oral communication skills