- Address China
Closing date of applications
31 March 2023
15 August 2023
Date Contract Ends
31 July 2025
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
IB MYP / IB Dip
Fixed / Renewable
4 or more years experience
The Librarian is to take the lead in providing a professional, planned and appropriate level of service to Wuhan School and the ISA Wuhan Community, providing advice and information as applicable to the library and resource management within the scope of delegated authority. The role holder shall al
The candidate is expected to work autonomously and may be responsible for the supervision of trainees and less experienced librarians. The librarian must be familiar with books and resource management systems and is able to work with processes and library procedures which will include storage and cataloguing of books, magazines, journals, newspapers as well as manage databases. The candidate must work very closely with the Academic Dean and Curriculum Coordinators (PYP/MYP/DP) and be able to document work processes and all procedures pertaining to all library resources which will include purchasing and budgeting of library resource materials.
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes