- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Address Bromsgrove School Mission Hills, Shenzhen, China
A teacher of Mathematics from Prep 1 to Senior 9 and IGCSE Mathematics. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills requires for August 2022. An ability to prepare students for SATs and Mathematics competitions is desirable as is the ability to lead a team of bilingual math teachers.
Note: Due to the extra approval from Foreign Affairs called “PU Letter” for visa,the process should be extended from 3-4 months to 5-7 months roughly, so please apply for your application asap if you are international candidates.
To empower students to pursue excellence in its many forms and acquire the skills necessary to become critical thinking, self-actualised problems solvers and compassionate global citizens.
1. University degree (BA/B.Sc) or equivalent;
2. Teacher Qualifications (B.Ed/M.Ed/PGCE/QTS) or equivalent;
3. Have at least 2-year teaching experiences;
4. English speaker;
5. Holders of a valid Chinese Work Permit and Residence Permit are preferred.
Professional Knowledge and Understanding:
1. To support the philosophy and pedagogical approach used by the School and to become thoroughly familiar with the curriculum associated with each assignment;
2. To work and plan collaboratively with colleagues in the development of course outlines and curriculum units and to remain open-minded and be prepared to negotiate and compromise in order to reach desired group outcomes;
3. To develop and maintain a written outline for each course/subject/unit being taught including teaching strategies in accordance with the school’s philosophy;
4. To develop and maintain short and medium term planning;
5. To shape instruction appropriately so that it effectively motivates, inspires and challenges students;
6. To demonstrate variety and flexibility with teaching strategies in order to address individual student needs and learning styles;
7. To use a rich array of assessment tools and strategies that are aligned with the curriculum plan and pedagogical approach;
8. To evaluate all assessments in a timely manner and to provide constructive oral and/or written feedback to students;
9. To maintain detailed and accurate assessment records;
10. To prepare progress reports on each student at regular intervals as specified by the Head of School;
11. To maintain and develop computer and technology skills for administrative and educational purposes appropriate to the curriculum needs of the students for whom the Teacher is accountable;
The school is nestled on the edge of the lush oasis of the Mission Hills resort, the largest Golf Resort in the world, with green spaces available for students and staff in which to learn and play, amenities and entertainment options a few minutes walk away, an Eco Park and mountain trails nearby, beaches less than 1.5 hours away and Hong Kong Island just 2 hours from our door.
Along with your highly competitive salary, and the opportunity to live within the vibrant and verdant city of Shenzhen, you will enjoy the following benefits:
• Annual flight allowance
• Relocation allowance
• International in-patient healthcare
• Subsidy towards housing in the beautiful Mission Hills resort
• Fully paid holidays: Summer, Christmas, Chinese New Year and other national holidays
• 80% subsidy on school tuition fees for up to two children
• PD opportunities available
• Mission Hills subway/metro station available
Please send your application to JasmineYao@bmh.education and include:
1. A full CV with photo: including email addresses and phone numbers of at least 3 referees- one of whom should be your current Head/ Director/ Supervisor;
2. A letter explaining what you would bring to the position if successful;
3. One page statement of educational philosophy.
Note: feel free to add HR person Jasmine Yao on FaceTime ( +86 13682456157) , WeChat (via +86 13682456157 or jasmine57s), or Skype (yaoxianli57).
HR sets up an interview with Head of School directly.
Website and School Address:
1. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills: http://www.bromsgrove-mh.com/en-us/
2. Mission Hills Group: http: //missionhillschina.com
3. BMH is located in No.8 Mission Hills Rd, Longhua, Shenzhen, China.
Please note this position is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure. Bromsgrove School Mission Hills (BMH) is committed to equality and diversity. BMH is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.