- Qualification Bachelors USD Month
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address Suzhou, China
About the Role
Mountain Kingston Bilingual School Suzhou (MKBS) is looking for an inspirational, innovative, experienced and qualified ESL teacher to join our team starting in February 2024. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and success of our dynamic school located in Suzhou, one of China’s most vibrant cities.
- Teaching experience for KS3, KS4 and KS5 (or equivalent)
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- A minimum of three years of teaching experience
- Ability to offer a subsidiary subject is desirable
About Our School
Founded in 2022, MKBS is built on the rich heritage of Kingston Grammar School, UK, which spans over four centuries. It combines this legacy with the innovative and cutting-edge facilities provided by Mountain Education Group. Our curriculum is academically rigorous and emphasizes the holistic development of every child. We offer robust well-being programs and a wide range of co-curricular opportunities that foster academic, physical, social, and emotional growth.
Suzhou, often referred to as ‘the Venice of the East,’ is a beautiful city renowned as the best city in China for expatriate living. It seamlessly blends a rich historical backdrop with a contemporary reputation for education, technology, and innovation. MKBS is spread across a 100-acre campus in Suzhou, with a total investment of 1 billion RMB. The school boasts a stunning environment and has earned recognition as one of the “2022 Hurun Hundred Schools – China International School Beautiful Campus Top 20,” ranking third in China and first in Jiangsu Province. Our state-of-the-art facilities include a swimming pool, a 1000-seat theatre, a 3-court gym, a fitness studio, a dance studio, a full-size outdoor football/rugby pitch, Mac suites, woodwork and metalwork rooms, science laboratories, a video production suite with a green room and a Blackbox theatre.
MKBS is an all-through K-12 private bilingual school, encompassing the curriculum and instruction of four school phases: kindergarten, primary, middle, and upper school. We provide an integrated curriculum at the kindergarten level, follow the Chinese National Curriculum in primary and middle school (grades 1-9), and offer distinct pathways in the upper school (grades 10-12) leading to IGCSE and A Level qualifications. Additionally, our students benefit from a rich and diversified Personal Social and Health Education (PSHE) and Moral and Social Sciences (MSS) programme.
MKBS follows the requirements of the Chinese National Curriculum, combined with the National Curriculum of England, tailored to the diverse and personalised needs of our students. We are a Cambridge Examinations (CAIE) Centre and offer the International Award (Duke of Edinburgh Award). Our extensive bilingual course offerings, including basic courses, extended courses, and customised courses, cater to individual student needs. We take pride in our wide range of Extra-Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities, promoting comprehensive development, autonomy and a strong foundation for lifelong learning.
Post-holder Qualifications and Experience
MKBS is a well-resourced school with highly motivated and academically successful students. Our staff enjoy a generous remuneration package, including excellent accommodation, medical benefits and more.
For more information, please visit our website at www.mbschool.cn.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Passion for English teaching, technology and innovation and the ability to inspire students to pursue the subject further;
- Proficiency in delivering English knowledge to the depth required at the IGCSE, AS and A2;
- Proven success in demonstrating student progress, ensuring readiness for external examinations at IGCSE and A Level stages;
- Experience in using formative assessment techniques to enhance student learning, or willingness to learn;
- Active engagement in ongoing pedagogical development and training;
- Willingness to collaborate with a diverse range of teachers to create an engaging classroom environment;
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students, especially in an EAL environment;
- Willingness to engage with the students’ own culture (Chinese) to better understand your students;
- Knowledge of the latest safeguarding systems to ensure student well-being;
- Eagerness to fully participate in students’ co-curricular activities;
- Adaptability in the classroom to effectively integrate educational technology and meet student needs;
- High expectations of students and a commitment to their success.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents:
- An application letter
- Your CV
- A statement of your educational philosophy
- Details of three referees from your current and previous employers
Applications should be submitted through the TES website or our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Friday 23th January 2024. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as applications are received, so early application is encouraged.