- Salary Offer CNY 20k-32k/month USD CNY 20k-32k/month Month
- Grade Level Middle, High
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address Beijing, China
Welcome to Haileybury Elite School. Haileybury is committed to providing Chinese students with a world-class education. Haileybury sets high expectations of its students and helps them develop independent learning skills and a strong personal character. Upon graduating from Haileybury students will be provided with the best pathways to top-tier universities abroad.
Haileybury College was founded in 1892 in Melbourne, Australia. The school has been acclaimed for its successful educational philosophy and outstanding academic achievement. In 2014, we were ranked the No.1 primary school and No.2 secondary school in Australia. Every year, more than 80% of our graduates go to “Group of Eight” universities. Haileybury is a model of high quality education in Australia.
Haileybury has successfully delivered the VCE to Chinese students in China since 2002. Haileybury’s partner schools are located in over 10 cities across the country, and it has successfully helped many hundreds of Chinese students to enter western universities. In November 2014, Australia Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced Haileybury as a finalist in the Australia-China Achievement Awards during his speech at the Parliament House Dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping, for Haileybury’s ground breaking work in taking Australian secondary education to China.
In China, Haileybury International School is the first sister school of Haileybury College. Even though it is located ten thousand kilometers away from the Australian campus, its education is not far from there at all. Not only does it share Haileybury’s high quality educational resources, but it also inherits the spirit of Haileybury – hard work with a light heart.
Job Title: Middle School English (ESL) Teacher
Reports to：International Principal via the Head of Junior School English
To commence: 22 Aug 2022
Campus location: Tianjin – China
Number of vacancies: 1
Employment Status: Full time
Salary & Benefits: 20k-32k, Salary based on qualifications and experience. The full package includes accommodation (2-bedroom apartment), comprehensive medical insurance, onboard costs.
Deliver and promote a strong English program within the junior years at the School.
Teachers should ensure:
• Their delivery of the curriculum caters for students with varying learning styles and ensures best practice in pedagogy in English (ESL)
• They keep up to date with modern teaching practice…the school expounds the “Explicit Teaching – I Do, We Do, You
Do’ model of early years pedagogy.
• They use appropriate learning styles for ESL students
• That they use a variety of assessment tasks for students to experience success and accurately assess and build levels of student achievement
• They attend relevant school promotional activities to help build the Haileybury Tianjin community.
• Teachers are expected to participate in co-curricular activities including sport, the arts and/or outdoor activities.
• Assist the expansion of the co-curricular events within the school.
• Teachers are expected to maintain records of classroom attendance
• Report writing in accordance with School policy
• Attend staff and other administrative meetings as required
• Undertake student supervision as required
• Attend parent/teacher interviews and promotional events as required.
• Ready for a new challenge
Key Selection Criteria:
• Flexible and dynamic
• Enthusiastic and conscientious
• Demonstrated knowledge and at least two (2) years’ experience in teaching at primary and middle school levels
• Experience preferred with “Explicit Teaching” Model
• Ability to live within a foreign country for an extended period
• Ability to form a rapport with students and build collaborative working relationships
• Good verbal, written and inter-personal communication skills
• Sensitivity to the requirements of working in an international setting with a number of non-English speaking families and colleagues.
• Nationality: native English speakers
• Education Background: at least Bachelor degree in Education or English
• Age Required: younger than 50
• Teaching Experience: at least 2 -5 years ESL teaching experiences more preferred
• Reference letters: at least 2 reference letters from last 2 schools more preferred
• Teacher qualification: Certified
• Commence: Aug., 2022
• Free Accommodation
• Free Commercial Insurance
• On-boarding Service
• Free Daily Transportation Service
• National Holidays and School Vacations
• Birthday Gift and Holiday Gifts
• Regular Shopping Bus to Tianjin and Beijing
• 10 Days Annually Fully Paid Sick Leave
• Staff Sight Seeing Trips
• Free Flight Tickets per year
• Resettlement Allowance
• Overseas Salary Transfer
• Social Insurance Pay-Back Program
• Gratuity (10% at end of contract)
• Free Gym & Swimming Facilities
• Local Talent Promotion Program for Master-Degree
• Haileybury Training at Melbourne Opportunities
Please submit your up-to-date CV through CTJ online application or by email to [email protected].