- Qualification Bachelors
- Start Date Aug 2022
- Salary Offer CNY 20k-40k/month USD CNY 20k-40k/month Month
- Grade Level Middle, High
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
- Address 15 Huosha Road, Houshayu Town, Shunyi District, Beijing
Positions for 2022-2023 Academic Year
Although vacancies are not yet fully confirmed for 2022-2023, applications from teachers who are interested in joining SIBS are always welcome.
Given the Coronavirus pandemic and the current border and visa restrictions, our preference is to find candidates who are currently working/living in Mainland China. However，candidates with outstanding credentials outside China can also be considered and interviewed.
Tentative Teacher Openings for August 2022: MSHS Teacher of English Language and Literature
MSHS Teacher of English Language and Literature
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the School Principal the teacher is responsible for the education of assigned students and will create a flexible program and class environment favorable for learning and personal growth. The teacher will establish effective rapport with students; motivate students to develop skills, attitudes, and the knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for further education, and do so in accordance with each student’s ability. Professional relations will be developed and maintained with other staff and parents.
1. Teach English, utilizing the course of study adopted by SIBS, correlated with other appropriate learning activities.
2. Develop lesson plans, adapt the curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
3. Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
4. Control the storage and use of school-owned property; make minor adjustments and request repairs as required.
5. Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
6. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
7. Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
8. Devise and utilize techniques that accurately measure student progress.
9. Evaluate student’s academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
10. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs.
11. Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
12. Demonstrate professional ethics as outlined by school policy.
13. Conform to school policies, including attendance, absences, and evaluations.
14. Attendance must be adequate to acceptably perform listed job functions.
1. Create an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
2. Select and requisition books and instructional materials; maintain required inventory records.
3. Administer group standardized tests in accordance with school testing programs.
4. Participate in faculty meetings, committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
5. Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the school and through self-selected professional growth activities.
6. Perform other job duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Necessary to Performance of Essential Functions:
1. Possess problem-solving skills.
2. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school staff, district staff, and patrons.
3. Communicates effectively.
4. Knowledge of USA Common Core State Standards/IB MYP/IB DP/IGCSE/A Levels preferable
Required Education and Training for Essential Functions:
1. Valid university degree in education with a concentration in secondary English Language Arts/ Literature
2. Valid teaching credential (USA state licensure, PGCE, etc.) preferable
Please submit a personalized cover letter and CV through CTJ online application or by email to [email protected].