Music and Performing Arts teaching assistant
Music and Performing Arts department
Music Coordinator (primary)
To assist the Music Coordinator and Performance Coordinator as directed in supporting teachers of music and performing arts in facilitation of lessons, preparing teaching materials, communicating with pupils and parents and managing the music/performing arts spaces and equipment.
1. Actively participating in teaching activities; providing support in class; assisting the primary music and performing arts teachers in preparing lesson plans and teaching materials; building good relationships with the students and colleagues in the primary school and secondary school as needed.
2. Managing the primary music and performing arts spaces, in particular making sure that the music/performing arts classrooms and practice rooms are tidy and well presented, ready for usage.
3. Responsible for ensuring that all relevant departmental paperwork such as practice room timetables, instrument inventories and rehearsal schedules is organised and filed.
4. Assisting the Music Coordinator and Performance Coordinator in procurement.
5. Assisting in events management for all primary music and performance events, in consolation with the Music Coordinator and Performance Coordinator.
6. Managing non-essential parental communication on behalf of Music Coordinator and Performance Coordinator.
7. Organising instruments, equipment and materials, ensuring they are maintained and looked after well.
8. Preparing and setting up classrooms before commencement of class.
9. Translating articles about music and performing arts department events.
10.Keeping music and performing arts rooms clean and tidy at all times.
11.Assisting in preparing music and performing arts trip administation including assisting with liaising with vendors, drafting risk assessments and collating parental permission forms etc..
12.Substitution where relevant and appropriate for primary music/performing arts staff who may be absent.
13.Participating and assisting in music and performing arts related events.
14.Assisting teachers in instruction and/or direction of ensembles, choirs and other performance groups as directed by the Director of Arts, the Head of Arts (primary) and in negotiation with the Music Coordinator and Performance Coordinator..
15.Other assigned work as requested by the Head of music.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Major: Music education related subject
Language: Native Chinese speaker and fluent in English, minimum CET-6.
• Familiar with music/performing arts terminology and able to accurately express meanings.
• Skilful piano player with experience as an accompanist
• Supportive Wellington Value.
Working experience: A minimum of 2-year relevant experience within an educational setting.
• Outstanding communication in English and Chinese.
• Familiar with assisting in the facilitation of student orchestras or drama rehearsals and performances.
• Familiar with Office software.
• International and bilingual schoolworking experience is preferred.
• Cross-cultural working experience is preferred.