- Address 浙江省宁波市奉化区萧王庙街道文博路88号
About Nord Anglia Education
Nord Anglia Education is the world’s leading premium schools organisation, with more than 70 schools located across dozens of countries in the Americas, Europe, China, Southeast Asia, India and the Middle East. Together, our schools educate over 68,000 students from kindergarten through to the end of secondary school.
Our philosophy for education rests on our four pillars of creativity, wellbeing, excellent academic outcomes, and global connectedness. These are delivered through innovative use of educational technology to create a personalised 21st century learning experience for all students.
Every parent wants the best for their child — so do we. Nord Anglia schools deliver high quality, transformational education and ensure excellent academic outcomes by going beyond traditional learning. Our global scale enables us to recruit and retain world-leading teachers and to offer unforgettable experiences through global and regional events, while our engaging learning environments ensure all of our students love coming to school.
About NAS Ningbo, Fenghua (NAS Ningbo)
Opened in September 2018, NAS Ningbo provides a state of the art, world-class teaching and learning environment with a total student capacity of 3,500. Providing a unique international learning experience, NAS Ningbo offers students the best of eastern and western education resources and philosophies for students aged 6-18. The bilingual program is based on the Chinese K-12 curriculum blended with globally respected international curriculum elements and teaching methods. Students will experience a solid foundation of Chinese culture, whilst equipping them with the knowledge and skills they will need to be successful in an increasingly globalized word.
About the City of Ningbo
Located on the east coast of China’s Zhejiang Province, Ningbo is a thriving city offering a rich blend of culture, business and recreation, all set in a beautiful landscape only two hours’ drive from Shanghai. As one of the busiest ports in the world and centred on the flow of two rivers, Ningbo is a popular destination for both families and businesses alike.
Each Nord Anglia Education school is unique in character and designed to meet the needs of its community. We are united by our philosophy, to be ambitious for our students, our people and our family of schools. We believe that being part of our family of 69 schools gives them a special advantage. Working together, we can achieve more than we can individually. Our schools have access to a wide range of resources and support to enhance their success. We also create unique opportunities to benefit our students and people, such as the Global Campus, Nord Anglia University, and our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King’s College London.
Global academic results for the 2019/20 academic year
The 19/20 academic year was the strongest for Nord Anglia ever in terms of A-levels, IBDP and GCSE
Our IB diploma pass rate was 96.9%
Global point average of 34.4
Six perfect 45 scores (from ICS Madrid, NAS Dubai, BIS Ho Chi Minh City and three from Oakridge in India)
14 Nord Anglia schools had a perfect 100% pass rate
1,386 IB candidates in total – 15.8% achieved 40 points and above
44% A*-A grades, an increase of 5% from last year
Global pass rate of 98.5%, up from 97.5% in the previous year
All but two of our schools offering the A-level curriculum achieved a pass rate of 100%.
94% A*-C grades
55.6% A*-A grades
About the role
We seek a talented and experienced in Middle School Science curriculum to continue to build upon the school’s tremendous success to date. This role is to be an active member of the teaching team at the school, help school achieve its personalized education. The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for the planning and teaching of the Middle School Science to the designated class, the content of each lesson being determined by school curriculum.
- Ensure that the science curriculum is delivered in a way that provides coverage, progression.
- Track and assess regularly the student’s work by means of formative and summative assessments.
- Keep in touch with the parents to pay attention on students’ changes in science learning, so as to support the students better.
- Design and organize subject-related extensive learning activities to help arouse students’ interest and help them to improve.
- Have his/her feature in teaching and be able to participate in teaching research and provide extra opportunities for students and give support in subject contests.
- Ensure an excellent learning environment is provided for the learning of science, and the pupils develop a positive attitude to science learning.
- Prepare for a series of educational events such as class teaching, personalized teaching, classroom decoration, activities, contests, outings, parent meeting.
- Participate in training provided by NAS and local education Bureau and complete relevant tasks.
Able to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international environment, you will possess as below:
- Bachelor’s degree above in major related to Physics or Chemistry.
- Has above 3 years proven teaching working experience in school.
- Text Qualified teacher in the People’s Republic of China and a relevant international jurisdiction.
- Significant knowledge and experience of teaching Middle School Science in China.
- Significant knowledge and experience of teaching national and courses.
- Experience of working with Management teams.
- Good communication skills both in Chinese and English.
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of 14,000 people working together to support our students’ success. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development in our schools. At Nord Anglia, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform which harnesses the collective expertise of peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas, and best practice. We also provide extensive professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our teachers don’t just maintain their skills but can also develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
Our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF, and King’s College London, offers our teachers unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer selected candidates from our staff worldwide an opportunity to earn their Executive Master’s in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King’s College London.
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you’ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the world’s most vibrant cities.
As a Nord Anglia Education teacher, you enjoy the following benefits:
- A fast-paced, global experience so that you can progress on a global scale
- An enabling environment founded on creativity, challenge, and collaboration
- A culture which is fair and consultative
- Unique opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career
The closing date for application is 31 Aug 2022. Due to global travel restrictions, all interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams/video call. There will be three stages of interview, including a panel interview.
Start date: As soon as possible
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people can thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender, or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both your country of residence/birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.