- Address China
The Principal serves as the instructional, administrative, and business leader of the Online Education Program. This dynamic individual is responsible for implementing and achieving the organization’s academic vision, student advancement, and daily operations. The Principal will ensure successful academic outcomes for all students while employing long-term instructional sustainability measures involving professional development, teacher quality assessment, curriculum, pedagogical advancement, and organizational growth for the Online Education Program.
- Direct and implement the vision for all initiatives to include assessments, online teaching, and curriculum delivery.
- Design courses and perform plan cost management.
- Assume responsibility for student outcomes as related to academics and social-emotional learning per credit course.
- Serve as a collaborative instructional leader while facilitating a growth- focused professional environment.
- Recruit to ensure 100% staff and teacher readiness to meet staffing allocation and workload demands.
- Monitor teacher performance metrics (pass rates, teaching time, student contacts, etc…) and ensure teacher accountability for meeting set expectations.
- Assist with updating manuals, policies, and handbooks.
- Effectively communicate the company’s mission and vision and soliciting input from parents and families about business performance, areas for improvement, and their needs.
- Contribute to a positive climate and culture by exhibiting high professional standards.
- Understand, accept, abide by, and implement the business philosophy and mission statement in all activities.
- Address student disciplinary situations and implement effective code of conduct procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Position Details and Salary:
- Location: Shenzhen, China
- Salary: 100,000 CAD (based on experience & qualifications) (Fixed + Performance)
- Reports to: President, Online Education
Online Education Principal Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Education or related discipline is required; an advanced degree in education/educational leadership strongly preferred (PhD, EdD, etc.)
- Principal certificate (preferred) – Teacher certificate (mandatory) IB, A- Level, BC, USA, etc.
- Three or more years of experience in successful administration/instructional leadership in an online setting.
- Experience in coaching teachers to improve their instructional planning, instructional practice, and classroom culture.
- Ability to meet educational standards as applicable.
- Ability to work effectively to prioritize and execute tasks to meet deadlines consistently.
- Ability to adapt to various cultural demands.
- Understanding of and ability to manage confidential information.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
More about the Maple Leaf Schools:
- Maple Leaf Educational Systems (MLES) is the most extensive international school system in China, with campuses in over 28 cities around the country.
- With an infrastructure that originated over 26 years ago, Maple Leaf offers a high-quality international education to students from preschool to high school.
- We are accredited by Cognia (USA) and inspected and certified by the British Columbia (B. C.) Ministry of Education (Canada).
Locations of Maple Leaf Schools :
- Schools are located in Dalian, Tianjin, Chongqing, Yongchuan, Zhenjiang, Ordos, Luoyang, Shanghai, Pingdingshan, Tianjin Huayuan, Jingzhou, Yiwu, Pinghu, Huai’an, Xi’an, Huzhou, Weifang, Yancheng, Haikou, Liangping, Shenzhen, XiangYang, Luzhou, Jinan, Wuhan and Horinger.
Life in China
There has never been a better time to teach in China. Whether you’re looking for spectacular natural beauty, global mega-cities, a rich history or culture of modern innovation, there is a China to suit everyone. So, an international adventure in a fascinating culture? Fulfilling and well-paid work? If these are on your professional check-list, now might just be the perfect time for you to teach in China.