We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expect all applicants to share this commitment. We align our recruitment practices to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. Before any appointment is confirmed, we implement effective recruitment practices which include interview, identity check, criminal record check and character / professional references.
Parent Relations Officer is an important position that is an integral part of the strategic operation of the learning and organizational culture of the school with regard to parent involvement and understanding. The position involves a mixture of first point of contact when parents have a need to know more about the program, a concern about the programs or the operation of the school. The Parent Relations Officer seeks to create a positive interface with parents finding ways to better access the skills sets and experience of the parent group, creating events that build community and interest in the school and lead and support parent leaders and teams.
General Responsibilities and Duties:
• Connect parents to the school and engender positive relationships at all levels of the school;
• Promote the YCYW Mission, Principles & Practice;
• Actively support and promote the school’s strategic plans and goals, assisting parents to connect with and understand their purpose;
• Liaise and assist with parents accessing the Parent Portal and other communication channels;
• Actively collaborate with a wide range of staff to further develop the culture of educating the parents with regard to the school’s learning programs;
• Create, maintain and publicise a schedule of events working with other teams to ensure the main calendar is updated and accurate with regard to POP events;
• Any other tasks as allocated by the Co-Principals and Vice Principals.
• Assist staff who are presenting parent workshops;
• Promote parent workshops liaising with relevant academic staff to ensure accuracy of information;
• Establish and oversee a team of committed POP parents to support the PRO in connecting parents to community events;
• Arrange and distribute POP meeting agenda and minutes;
• Lead and promote events for YWIES Tongxiang such as the picnics, Christmas Tree Lighting Global Community Day;
• Work with Admissions Team to assist parents new to YWIES Tongxiang;
• Act as an alternative, informal communication channel for parents to address their concerns/feedback towards the school and to follow up with relevant divisions to address the concerns/feedback;
• Assist parents to understand how the correct channels can be used to resolve perceived issues;
• Ascertain skills and expertise that provide real world learning opportunities for students and staff generating a database that can be shared with key staff;
• Support the development and implementation of a Parent Ambassador programme;
• Regularly monitoring of Parent WeChat groups and keep the leadership team informed when concerns raised;
• With the support of the office staff and Marketing, create documents both digital and print based to connect parents to community events;
• Create parent related content for the YWIES Tongxiang communication channels with parents such as WeChat, Blogs and Newsletters, in consultation with YWIES Tongxiang Leadership.
• Create and event manage community celebrations negotiating with vendors and other interested parties who wish to have a presence at an event;
• Liaise with YWIES Tongxiang Leadership with regard to timing and location of events;
• Operate within the allocated budget for an event;
• Involve the POP Core Committee in event management where possible and practical.